Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Book

I saw the lord of the rings 3 vol set bundle with The Hobbit, @ $40.45, something like tt... U think i shd get it? Its a pretty gd deal, with illustrator covers and The Hobbit... Hmm, i also duno leh... I initially was thinking of getting the single compiled, but the the bundle is nice and i like the illustrations... I can keep the books in the box too...

I wanted to get hard covers so tt i wun spoil the books, but then hard covers ex leh...

I would like to get Alan Lee's illustrated covers, but his books usually are the expensive ones...

I also wan to get the The Silmarillion (something lidat)...

Anyways, shall think about it, after i completed my project...

I gave my sis and mum their x'mas gifts liao... I even had to redo my sis one coz she is so picky... Anyways, the gifts were hand made and i got them done... Coz i scared i no more time to do...

A tad too early i noe... But i duno my schedule for this later week...

We'll see...

3 comments:

wingéd densetsu said...

the hobbit is good. actually if you're read around, the lord of the rings is actually set after the hobbit. I did't know this until I randomly bought the lord of the rings book when I saw the first movie coming out. Then I was like "hmmm why does this character look familiar..." (bilbo), then i read the back of the book and realised the connection between the lord of the rings and the hobbit. I actually read the hobbit a long time ago...when i was in sec 1 or sec 2 i think...don't really remember cos i read like practically the 80-90% of whole fiction section of my school library lol.

Personally, I find some parts of the lord of the rings quite draggy...like talk a lot...

Celestine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Celestine said...

Yeah, actually wat happened was, Tolkien was bored during his student's exam. So he sat down at his table and started writing the introduction of The Hobbit targetting children...

Then it got published and responses were overwhelming... So the publisher told him to do a sequence for The Hobbit, still targetting children, and 15 yrs later, he came to the publisher with Lord of the Rings and shocked the hell out of them & gave them terrible headaches... LOL...