Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Photography

Argh, X'mas's gone jus like tt...

I went out wif Shuzhen tis yr as usual... But tis yr, we did not celebrate... And i forgot to bring camera, so no photos... Everytime i wan to take photo, i didnt bring camera, everytime i dun want to take photo, i brought my camera along... And everytime i plan to take photo and brought my cam out, but jus no mood in the end...

I guess its my disgust in digital photography... It jus doesnt serve any purpose anymore... Especially when i see how e trend in photography has gone... I still own a digital cam coz its inevitable these days... Besides, i bought it for my work in poly last time...

I will see how it goes... May one day my fire and money goes up, and i will go back to photography...

Till then, all my beautiful photos will go into hiatus, and i will be left wif taking digital photos, of myself mainly... LOL... And i especially hate ppl posting my photos in deviant art... But nvm, i always pretend i duno anything about it... And for those who lie tt they r the ones who took the photos... So be it... It also pisses me of tt some ppl can call my photos digital... Maybe i should scan them e negatives... Alamak, u wan to lie also never get the facts straight...

Those who know me will know tt i dun share my photos, not becoz im selfish, but becoz i take photos for my own journal sake... It is not meant to be nice, perfect, cool or anything... It jus falls into my documenting of my own journey... And i also do not post in forums and say how nice how nice my photos are... Perhaps nice photos do appear, but most of them are jus normal... I do not need ppl to brag to other ppl about my photos...

There was tis assigment during poly when i decided to collaborate my photography into it... And so i explained my concept to my lecturer, and we tok and discussed about photography...

And then e next lesson, he actually said tis in front of my class, "Class, Celest is a expert in photography, u shd look up to her in tt area!"...

I swear i almost stabbed the lecturer wif a knife... But all i did was to hide my head somewhere...

If i knew hes like tt, i wouldnt haf told him anything...

Jus becoz i do it, it doesnt mean i am gd enuff... Besides, all the while ive never even told anyone about it... I am not like Pauline who can buy a very gd cam, and hang ard her neck everyday and shoot gd photos everyday, polishing her skills... I jus so happened to haf a bf then who owns a very gd film cam and so i borrowed it... But after we broke, i stop doing it altogether...

So, i jus take photos coz i like doing it... But i prefer to take photo journals more... Unlike random, i do it wif a reason...

I haf a fren who said wan to see my son's pic... So i showed him the picture in my hp, taken wif the hp cam of coz... 1st thing he said, "Wa lao, y ur photo so overexposed one?"

I duno y the exposure's more impt than e look of my son... For goodness sake, its a hp cam... If u wan to hao lian ur hp got how many mega pix take very gd photo, gd for u, but so? My son is black, u imagine i leave the exposure as default, how he will look like... @#$%^& Anyone will noe if u wanna take gd photos, u dun use ur hp anyway...

I dun understand ppl nowadays... Like how another fren saw my fren's pic, and complained y she take her photo lidat...

Does it really matter?

I dun expect everyone to take gd photos... Besides, like myself, i dun even think about e settings when i jus so happen to see my son in a funny pose, and i took my hp and shot it... U think i still mus go n set perfect settings, then think whether e pic nice or not, not nice mus delete cannot let ppl see, then nice then show ppl arh? Y live ur life so difficult over such small little things?
_____________________

Anyways, I had an interview once, and the interviewer told me, "The reason i called u down for an interview is tis particular photo u took in your portfolio. And i felt you are different and special. I felt you through that photo."

To me, that was one of the best compliments i received... But too bad, it didnt work out, coz the company's too far (close to 2 hrs) and wasnt wat i was looking for...

Anyways, jus a side note... DO NOT WATCH NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U will regret it, especially when i paid a gd $9.50...

It is tat crappy... The story makes no sense... I noe its suppposed to be fantasy, but fantasy still has to make sense... The movie is jus like watching a silly children version of Lord Of The Rings... It is tt demeanin to the author C.S. Lewis... The director totally ruined a classic story...

Poor Lewis, now most ppl (who's not read book) are going to think tt the book is tt lousy...

I hope u guys enjoyed ur long weekend and ur christmas... Hope u guys managed to rest well, regain ur energy and had fun...

No comments: