Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Howl, Hikaru, Casanova

The other day, i bought Howl's Moving Castle, for $13.20... I couldnt find e DVD at those stores btw... Then i chanced upon QI LING WANG, oh i just found out in Jap, its called Hikaru No Go!!!

Apparently Go means chess, Hikaru is e main lead's name...

I saw the Hikaru No Go's special edition, and only $9.90!!! It was originally $19.90! And its dvd somemore... I finally could hear the grown up Hikaru's original jap voice! But its kinda girly though, lol...

I almost cried when i watching e 1st scene... Basically it recapped the last scene of Sai (e ghost who was a chess master) and Hikaru in e dream... So sad, it had been so long since i last watched them... And finally i can hear their orginal voices again... And Hikaru grew up bigger le!!! Of coz i knew wat was going to happen coz i already read e manga... But still, tt wouldnt affect me... Lol..

However, i was cheated, not really cheated, depending on how u see it... Anyways, i was persuaded without a buff to renew my membership card at 10 bucks... Im always lidat, if u catch me in tt moment, i would jus said ok, without even asking about it... My old is expiring next mth... But e new one would only last a yr...

E thing is i had already stopped buyin at tis particular vcd chain, coz i found another chain which is newer and cheaper... But only tis chain sells Hikaru No Go... Every time when i go there, i will always look at their remaining 3 boxes of Hikaru No Go DVD full set ($89.90), and wonder when will i own them... They haf been there for yrs and coated wif dust... Lol...

PS: I still cannot find Edward Keychain, i kinda regretted getting Al's... Now its like theres something lacking, and Al is separated... Damn!

I watched Howl again, finally... The show is still slow, too slow for my preference... I did not really love it then, but there is still other elements playing tt made me wan to own it... I guess its e same as doing a movie off a novel... Alot of things werent explained, and there isnt enuff time to establish some stuffs... And definately it slows down e pace if u try to follow e novel too much...

No matter, i still like it... Was rather disappointed then at the theatres... Howl's was supposedly Miyazaki's best work, but unfortunately, critics had concluded it wasnt as gd as Spirited Away... I still enjoyed Spirited Away, no matter how many times ive watched it... At least it wasnt slow as hell... lol...

It was strange seeing kissing scenes then though, i especially avoid kissing and all those plain lovey dopey anime series coz i would cringe... Too mushy... Cannot tolerate... Lol... So i definately wasnt expecting tt from Howl then... Though it was justifiable since they went thru much and were in love, its jus... Erm, u noe... Aiyah... Duno lah... Lol...

Watching it again, i grew to like Markl and Kabu... Markl is jus so cute, and i didnt notice much about him e 1st time... Lol, i mus be too engrossed drooling over Howl... I still dun really like Sophie though... Didnt really feel much for her...

Oh i saw Ghost in E Shell 2, erm, toothless 2? (Fr chinese words, Wu Ya) uncut version for $9.90 only too... Shd i get?

I watched Casanova yest, it was better than i expected... A very light and funny show, i actually cant help laughing... I laughed so much till i smerged my make up... Lol... Thoughts went into those small little details of shots which makes everything so funny, tt is if u r someone who looks into finer details...

I love their costumes, very elaborate, very detailed... I love them... But not so for the females... Females clothings are generally plainer, then again, it haf to be, coz females standings were being suppressed then in tt era...

Very romantic Venice, with extremely charming Health Ledger as Casanova... I didnt really like Health Ledger in e past... But i certainly do now... Hes jus so charming and attractive... And i just cant get enuff of his sexy deep voice...

Which is y i had decided not to catch Brokeback Mountain... I wouldnt wan images of him kissing, making out and having sex with another male actor to tarnish tt impression he now has in me... Gross!!! Though i do watch gay films, but then i still feel disgusted seeing them making out... Gross a million!!! I jus thot of Alexander!!! Gross! But nonetheless a very gd movie, Alexander i meant...

I spent alot alot alot of money lately... I got to stop doing tt... Sigh... Lol...

Time jus flies, its already been a yr, the last i blogged about Shuzhen's 21st birthday... I could still remember all those details... =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »