Tuesday, March 21, 2006

DVD Writer & TV Card

My sis bf bought for us e dvd writer weeks ago! YES!!!! Finally i haf it!!!! Now i can jus burn out loads of files instead of doing the tedious hrs of breaking them into small cdrs...

I had been grumbling to my sister and ppl ard me for the past yr or so tt i wan to get it... But i duno how to insert the drive into my com...

So recently, seems like my sis finally favors e idea and told me to watch out for IT fairs... Though i didnt think tt it would change matters coz dvd writers are jus under 100...

I researched e models and took favor to Sony actually... Coz i am using Sony CDRW and it hasnt been a prob for me... Except tt i cant do anything when i am burning... My whole system will halt itself when its burning... Also, since i would keep 2 drives, i didnt wan them to clash...

But then at the last IT fair hor, only Samsung got sell leh... He called back to ask us, and i wondered got ppl use Samsung one meh... Hmm... I was thinking more on Song, Nec, BenQ, etc... Its 75 bucks... I asked if there is a higher range...

Coz when i buy electronics, i dun favor cheap deals...

And then there was a DVD RAM rewrittable... $80... Free DVDrs too...

I didnt wan to drag tis thing longer so we bought tt...

They haf no idea wats dvd ram... I did some research and i only found out tt some camcorders uses dvd ram disc, and so it can be read and written i guess?

Anyways, so i am very happy, my com has both dvd writer and cd writer... I threw away my cd rom drive in place of e dvd writer...

I also burned out some of my anime and was so pissed when i couldnt get the last epi of a series into e disc... Now tt epi is rotting in my com, waiting for to be burnt wif other random files or anime... I hate it when things happen tis way... Jus 1 epi only got to be separated fr e rest...

And i can continue watever i am doing when i am burning... Yeah! However, for dvd data discs, my com take a long time to read them, i wonder if tis is normal... Lol... But of coz for DVD movies, it loads immediately...

And then they wanted to buy TV card, $65... So tt we can watch TV thru my com... But then ended up, being cheapskate, my sis bf went China to buy at 1/3 of e price...

He got cheated of coz, e sales person said its english, but its all in mandarin and e setup n software all appeared qns mark, so i had to read e manual...

Also, i didnt noe wat they were thinkin... Coz my rm has no TV cable or antenna, so obviously it cant be tuned... But somehow they wanted to try and see can jus tune lidat or not... I read e manual and obviously u need some form of antenna, but somehow they paid no heed...

We pushed our pc table to living and try connect wif e tv cable outside... We got the tunings, except tt we cant get e sound...

Becoz in sg, our Pal system is Pal G whereas China uses Pal I or D...

I had sent e support regarding tis, and they replied saying tt it cant support Pal G... So again, tt bloody sales person... But i dun blame him, coz sales ppl r lidat... Lying is their forte...

My sis bf can do the cabling for us, it usually costs over 100 bucks, but i think its waived... Lol... Anyways, now we need another TV card, and i think he might go China to get again, coz i got a few models tt support Pal G from e support...

We were quite excited, coz the tv programs are super sharp on my com... And if i can watch tv in my room, i no need leave my room liao... Lol...

This 1 mth plus, i already didnt leave my rm except to cook n eat or do chores and at times to catch some tv programs... Other than tt, i am in front of my com, watching anime... Lol...

Very cool, i hope to get e TV card and cabling fixed... Then i can watch TV shows in my room, lying on e bed... Muahahahahah.... Got remote control one too, very cool i tried liao... Jus like watching TV... Yeah!!!

2 comments:

wingéd densetsu said...

I reply here cos i wanna post a long 'comment' ^^.

Just wondering, do you have any recommendations for dV camcorders? I wanted to go dvd-camcorders, but there seems to be some pros and cons, the cons are quite horrible actually, like sound and vid out of sync, and can't edit (??? I have no idea why they say this...but why I can't I rip from the dvd & edit...so many people does that esp for amvs etc.) and the technology is not that good yet.

On the other hand, if i buy those mini dv cam corders, i need to buy tapes ($8 ea around there). and i need to get firewire...cos last time i tried to link up this dv cam thru usb and it didn't work, even tho i already downloaded the driver and rebooted my pc. also i dunno whether the firewire will screw up my pc..i wonder if my pc even have more slots left...-v-; Also, i extremely extremely hate exporting vid from dvtape to pc cos the length of time takes as long as the duration of the footage.

I'm looking for prosumer kinda of cam (holiday/event/music vids with light to medium editing) and my budget max only $1500. how??

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» » »