Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fly Away

A gd fren of mine is flying Taiwan to work for the next 9 mths.

He smsed me the other day in e noon, one day after he signed e contract and told me hes leaving next saturday, which is the coming one... And then he called me later in e night to personally tell me about it...

It was so sudden...

But being me, and my understanding of him, i am very happy he went for the opportunity. He had another company offering e same pay, to go somewhere else, one of e western countries but i cant remember. Tis one, the boss is a Singaporean, the other one, obviously a foreigner.

His pay is damn good lor!!! So jealous!!! He and me both knew tt its a salary u would never get for a poly grad even if u had worked for 10 yrs... It is enuff for him to live comfortably here, get a house n car at the same time, provided he doesnt spend more though, but i doubt he does, we had a conversation on tt...

He would be given allowance for his accomodation... And btw, its a pretty big games company... A company which recognises talent, how rare in sg, isnt it? After 9 mths, he would return to the sg based company...

Any other guys would haf just jumped straight into it... But he impresses me, coz he was actually rather relunctant to leave coz of his aged grandpa, whom he visits every week... When he broke e news (suddenly of coz) to his grandpa, his grandpa found it hard to accept...

But his way of consolation was actually quite brilliant, coz it also consoled me... He told his grandpa to see it as 3 mths, 12 weeks, he would be back every 3 mths... If i was to only see tis fren 9 mths later, i would feel sad even though i am very encouraging... But 3 mths, i can live wif tt!!! So i felt better... I didnt tell him tis though, haha...

Oh, btw, i knew him thru my poly attachment... And hes called Benjamin. He was e mentor for Derek (fr SIT) during the attachment... Its been more than a yr since we both last met Derek coz Derek is an extremely bz person...

Ben and I initially arranged to meet today actually, but somehow Derek not knowing and only can make it on Thurs night for dinner. I got quite a last minute sms fr Derek on Thurs late noon... We wanted to still meet up today to catch a movie, coz its been sometime since he last caught one... But i told him to get his stuffs going 1st, since he still needs to pack and all tt...

So yah, we met on Thurs night at Northpt Yishun... And met Derek finally, though hes like an hr late, he was caught up at his camp...

Its a pity tt Pasta Cafe had closed, otherwise we would haf gone there... I actually introduced Ben to tt place for its great food n excellent ambience long time ago but i cant remember until Ben told me... Lol... And he in turn also introduced tt place to his frenz for e same reasons... So he was very sad its closed too...

So we went Swensens instead, Ben gave us a treat coz i couldnt make it to his Farewell Crab Dinner tmr wif his frenz, he also wanted to introduce me to his frenz as well...

Anyways, Derek grew taller... Its so scary, the last i met him, he was like jus abit shorter than Ben who is already 180+, and now hes taller!!! I am sure hes goin to hit 190... Being wif these 2 guys always make me feel very short, but e great thing is i can wear my heels without any worries... Lol...

But e 2 guys were very tired, especially Derek, who looked so worn out... But then he ah, though tired still went for supper after we separated...

Ben then took e same bus as me... While he was sitting beside me, there was one part of e conversation which kind of lingered in me abit...

I was askin if he had asked e other interns to meet up (Huimin, Charlene, Nelson, Adrian), but i think he forgot about Nelson and Adrain, lol... Coz we usually only tok about Derek, Huimin and Charlene... Anyways, then he was saying tt some ppl wasnt keen into keepin contact, so forget about it...

I then said tis, "Isnt it even worse when ppl keep in contact, but half-heartedly and not genuine?"

Him: Well, u just have to wait and see. Give them a chance.

Me: Waiting is so tiring... (I went very soft on tis pt)

Him: Just don't expect anything in return and you won't feel tired.

At tis instant i went quiet... 1st time eh?

It wasnt wat he said but it was in e belief... Becoz personally it doesnt really make sense, u give ppl e chance n time to see if they r genuine frenz but at the same time, dun expect anything in return, it jus doesnt make sense... If u dun expect anything, u wouldnt give e chance n time in e 1st place... You wouldnt even be bothered wif it... But time n time again, u jus kept on trying and maintainin e connection on ur part... I am sure, a part of u wanted at least the appreciation in return...

But i still went quiet at tat moment coz i wanted to believe in tt...

After a few moments of silence, he spoke again. Tat conversation kindled something in me, but i was surprised it did to him too...

Him: Regarding your tt fren, u 2 broke up? (Fancy him to even remember, it was quite some time, and i only mentioned it as a passing remark over e phone once)

Me: No, we didnt, maybe jus quarrelled, but maybe its only me, as always.

Him: Hmm... I see.

Me: I got tired of waiting.

Him: I understand.

No matter, i am also happy to see Derek doing fine. Hes still deciding on wat to study for his degree. Though hes toasted like a red lobster, but at least hes doing well... Being bz is gd, and his pay is gd...

So i wish tis fren all the best for the next 9 mths and to come back as a richer person! Lol... But most imptly, be back safe. He is e only person who communicates with me on the e same level the way i want it... So i am definately going to miss our intelligent banters.

Take Care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »