Monday, March 13, 2006

Female Driver

I went to eat at Din Tai Feng for the 1st time yest night...

Din Tai Feng has outlets across Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, China, USA, Korea, Indonesia and of coz Singapore...

Its opened by the Boss of Breadtalk btw...

The 1st outlet was at Paragon since a long time ago... It came to a point where it got so popular they couldnt serve all the customers, so they set up another one just across the road...

And next came Tampinese, and mths ago, after Crystal Jade, they came to Bishan...

Of coz, like Crystal Jade, the heartlands' menu isnt complete like the ones in town...

The food were excellent, very gd... They are even better than Cystal Jade i thot... I hear tis all the time but it was e 1st i tried it myself...

Their Xiao Long Bao and chicken soup is way better than Crystal Jade, and their services are fast and great...

Unlike Crystal Jade, the staffs at Din Tai Fung (no matter which branch u go) are always very happy and friendly, they dun give black faces and tok fiercely like those at Crystal Jade...

And also, i thot the prices are slightly below Crystal... Very affordable...

They claimed tt their Xiao Long Bao is one of the best (of coz not comparing wif high class restaurants), i can agree on tt... It has more soup in the dumpling than any that i haf tasted...

One funny thing about them is, their waiting for table is similar to banks' system... The number tickets... So u will look at the number screen and wait for your number to TI TI then appear... Just a note though, it doesnt go chronologically, of coz, it goes by the no. of pax per table availability...

Its rather fast though, so its worth the wait...

Having said all these, it seems i haf no reason to go back to Crystal Jade... Lol, perhaps for their ma po tofu... Yum!

They told me to bring SZ go next time... But then she like dun eat these kind of things one leh... I am crazy over Xiao Long Bao, but she isnt very enthu about it... Lol... I also like Malan La Mian, its cheaper, but gd enuff... But no chance to go...

Even though Bishan is supposed to be 10 mins car ride from my place, but my sis like took 30 mins... Lol... Her bf went overseas, so he lent her his new car to drive while he's away... The car is super fat and my sis parked it in a very small multi storey carpark... When we were goin down, she turned too close to the wall n curb and the car was stuck...

There were 2 vehicles behind, one motobike and one cab... Of coz they horn us, the motobike rode to our side to ask wats wrong, but he left anyways... My sis cant make it move, so the cab driver got out of his car and taught my sis how to move it...

He never scold wor, so nice... A malay cab driver... If its chinese uncle sure scold one...

I told my sis, "I wonder how u pass ur driving!", Sis, "I also duno leh!"... I told her tt she is e kind shd get her own car, if not she would never ever learn to drive properly... The last we went out, she drove into a road curb... Lol... And she always got lost...

The guys behind us mus be thinkin, "alamak, female driver!"

No comments: