Thursday, August 10, 2006

Coincidence

Jus came back fr one interview. So tired, waited there for more than an hr be4 e actual interview start. Had a grp interview. I was e only idiot who came so early, e rest were like late. So i waited e longest. But e interview was very nostalgic. Im sure u wonder y.

It was e same as my sales job interview 2 yrs back. Same thing, grp of 4. Same thing, 3 gals, 1 guy. Same thing, i was the corner one and e last to speak. Same thing i was at the right corner. Same thing, e guy was e 2nd one.

And then same thing, there was a retail person in e grp, last time one was a waitress (i consider f & b retail as well), tis time one was a gal selling clothes, shall not say e brand here. But its a mid range boutique brand. Same thing, e retail person was e 3rd.

But tt gal not friendly one, e 3 of us were chatting wif each other, maybe she was waiting for us to make e move. She must be feeling so sian we left her out.

Im not sure if its better to be in a grp for interviews or alone. I kinda resented it for a start, but i gotta admit tt there is definately pressure tt makes me speak well and speak better.

After e interview, we left to go to e station. One gal called Priya left to meet her fren, shes e experienced one and shes very frendly. We chatted e moment she stepped into e reception area. While e other 2 were scattered elsewhere.

I like gals lidat.

So anways, e retail gal called Teng Teng walked off 1st and left alone. And then nearing e station, e guy caught up wif me to g back together. I dun remember his name though. Lol. Eng something or something Eng.

Coincidentally, we stay at the same area. Both of us alighted at YCK. Before tt, while we were in e train, my agent called me and said im shortlisted for paper test tmr morning. Same thing, my sales one he also called me immediately and told me to go back office e next day, except tt e job was offered. Tis one after paper test, still got another interview if u score well.

STRESSED leh!!! I no exams since secondary, everything returned to old sch liao lor.

Anyways, we were chatting and my agent called. I told him e news and his face immediately dropped. And he kept quiet. It was rather awkard. Then after 4 mins, his agent called and hes shortlisted as well, so hes happy again n resumed conversation.

Im sure Priya is shortlisted as well coz of her experience.

So i will be seeing them tmr morning again.

E guy very cute, he said he cant sleep last night coz he kept thinking of wat to say during e interview. I guess i am indeed more experienced in interviews. I had passed tt stage. He said he duno and wore jeans n t shirt to some interviews... Tts so strange, considering he is in his late twenties. *shrug*

E retail gal wore slippers too. But then i think it didnt really matter for tis one. I saw e staffs wearing denim skirts.

One thing though, I think its e way u project ur words. While during some ppl's speech, u dun see any responses or worst see ppl in a daze. When it was my turn, i had them nodding (interviewees included, im surprised they listened, lol) and then some even smiled over some things i said.

Like i said, i am experienced in interviews. But tts nothing wonderful to tok about. Wats worst? Knowing ur interview went smoothly and very well and not getting e job, or having a bad interview jittering, stumbling, poor answers but got e job?

Although i felt i didnt do anything wrong, but i gave eye contacts to e interviewees as well during my speech. Hmm, its working habit mah, they r listening/looking/reacting at me, i cant jus ignore them and only concentrate on e interviewers. Lol. But of coz, like i said, i am e only idiot who do tis kind of things.

Busy day tmr. Morning a 2 hr paper test, then later afternoon another interview at another company.

I hope it turns out well. Cant wait to start working again. If i still dun get tis 2 jobs, or 3 including e mon one, then i think i can go die liao.

2 comments:

wingéd densetsu said...

good luck! although i'm saying this too late...

haiz...envy u liao...u got job interviews...i sign up for agency also got nothing...

my face really hard for employers to accept as even a candidate i guess...

I look forward to a day when i become (rich)tai-tai so that i can just paint at home and grow my erm...'talents & skills'(?) at my own time, and not worry about people forcing me to go to work...

Just stay at home, paint and paint and write stories and stuff...

Celestine said...

u said too late le, no luck liao.

Sigh, but i envy u got job. Me got interviews no use, also dun get e jobs. although i duno their replies yet, but i think no hope le. All weird weird one, all no gd ones...

Where did all e normal jobs go? Where did e normal ok jobs go? I dun need gd jobs coz i noe i damn unlucky one but ok ones where they go? All never reply one. Wat jobs can i do wif my cert?

I also wan to be a tai tai.

No lah, not ur face. U sign up lidat no use one. U applp their advertised ads then they shortlist u then got response. But then i said tt, but i sent a massive truckload of ads but only a few replied.

I am so demoralised. So hard to find jobs. So many ppl looking, how to fight lidat. Even low end jobs also dun wan me. Sigh.