Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ichiban Boshi

My sis very lucky lor. She switched to a different job department in her company. Got a raise in pay and now shes working 5 day week. She got degree mah, cant complain.

Btw, yest very disgusting. My blk downstairs got one water pipe burst or leak i duno. So got alot of foaming water flooding. Then while i thot e water was harmless and had to walk thru it, i saw maggots!!! -_-" A massive swarm of live maggots swimming/crawling outwards. Its not everyday thing tt i see maggots, i did consider staying back longer to observe them but i was running off for an interview.

They were interesting though disgusting and im imagining them burrowing through my flesh/corpse when i die, but of coz, tt wouldnt happen since i wouldnt be buried. The way they crawl is somewat captivating if not for their disgusting linkage wif anything rotten n smelly. I cant imagine how those ppl at fear factor could swallow these things.

Ok, enuff about maggoty stuffs.

Lets tok about food. Lol. Sorry for ruining ur appetite.

I finally went Ichiban Boshi to eat, it was early dinner late lunch for us as usual. Heard so much raving about it. So finally went wif SZ on last sat to try it out. We were going to catch a movie at MS. So we headed to e Esplanade branch. SZ heard tt e customer service is very bad here. But it turned out normal, so u guys can head out there. I did find e seat they chose for us rather weird n awkard however.


It was very nice view though only one person can see it, stupid. But i didnt bring my cam tt day so i had to use my hp. I only brought a very small makeup pouch to put everything. I wanted to be burden free tt sat, which didnt really work coz i bought a new aviator shade ($19, original $40+) from Miss Selfridge (sigh, i found out one crystal missing today though. Duno its lidat be4 hand or dropped. Had to manually remove another one at other end to balance e look) and SZ bought me a turquoise cardigan ($19, original $40+ too, lol) fr G2000, love it! My bday gift.

G2000 was havin a crazy sale. Finally u see guys going crazy over clothes. The Q was so damn long. It was reaching e entrance.


Ichiban Boshi literally means the First Star. Its a place to enjoy good quality food with modernize presentation in cool ambience, and at affordable price. Menu covers from real authentic Japanese items to the popular items such as sushi on conveyor belt.


I ordered Tenzaru Chasoba (which includes mixed vege n ebi tempura, $13.80 i think) and potato croquette ($1.90).

I tell u ar, its very nice. The chasoba is very springy. Not e very machine kind or supermarket one like Sakae. I like it. I wan to try e famous soba restaurant at Paragon though, heard its e best.

And e potato croquette is simply AMAZING. I am missing it already. I wan to eat e food again. Craving liao. SZ had some sushi plates (same price as Sakae), e lobster thingy in e middle she said its very nice.


I was more interested in her tofu though. Cant show u how appetizing it looks unfortunately. I'll bring my cam again e next time i go eat.

Gosh, i am missing their food already. Theres still so many things i wan to try. But i only haf one stomach.

Their prices are generally similar to Sakae. But their drinks are $2.20 instead of Sakae's $1.50, canned drinks i meant.

But then after eating there, its like Sakae? Wat Sakae? I suddenly haf no reason to go back Sakae. Maybe for their one n only vitamin E enriched sushi rice? Lol. Like i care.

But Salmon is most impt to me for jap food, haf not tried Ichiban Boshi's salmon yet though.

We then went shopping... Luckily i purposefully wore track shoes, we walked sooooooo much... We always walk alooottt when we go City Hall. We caught e Tokyo Drift movie as well. Sigh, i will tok about it another time. But then if u wan to watch go watch lor...

It was nearing midnight. So we headed for supper, actually dinner to be precise. Went to Esplanade's Makansutra Gluttons Bay. Ive not eaten there yet too.




I drank coconut. So happy. So long never drink it liao... 2nd last one. But i need ice next time.


We had e osyter egg. Not nice one. They put e oyster at the side lidat somemore. But oyster quite big though.


See e stalls, tts how glaring it was. I was going blind coz i was facing them. SZ was facing e sea.


Chicken wings... I actually dun like bbq wings, or rather i dun like tis kind. Too dry. I like spicy or honey glazed wings/drumlets.

We also had fried kuay tiao. But i didnt take pic, think i was too hungry. It was very oily. We wanted to hokkien prawn mee, but then sold out jus be4 us... Urgh.

Overall, i dun really like e food there. Too substandard. But then if u r in town and had a craving for hawker food n seafood and Newton is too far, then its a gd place to satisfy ur taste buds. At least i heard e tourists said e food is nice.

Plus, u can enjoy e sea breeze n e view. It was also cooler than Newton. Newton is a giant microwave. I wouldnt mind going there to eat again though coz i like tt place (as in e surrounding, not e hawker), and esplanade is my fav hangout.

Ah, im hungry.

We then strolled for awhile, headed to e creepy Merlion. Stood there for abit then sat for abit, constantly avoiding e blind bats... E whole area from esplanade to e Merlion are infested wif bats. They kept circling round n round and they fly so low, luckily their sonic waves were working, if not im sure they would hit my head e whole night.

Nearing 3 am, we left to take e night rider. Only to haf waited for more than 1 1/2 hrs for tt stupid NR1. We were both so frustrated, tired. An hr more, we could haf boarded e mrt. Stupid drivers.

If tts not all, e driver even went e wrong route and did a U turn. He said to someone on his hp while driving tt there wasnt anyone who wans to drive e bus so he took e last bus. So irresponsible. Somemore, he kept telling e ppl not to complain. He told them theres only 3 bus tt night, bluff one lor. Its not tt theres only 3 bus, how can tt be? U think e bus company so stupid? He already said no one wans to take e bus but he lied n said theres only 3 buses allocated tt night.

FUCKING irresponsible. I hope someone complained though. How can they be lidat. So bek cek. And seeing n hearing e angry passengers complaining, and yet gives up so easily and kept quiet in e end, jus pisses me off even more. But tts jus us, typical singaporeans. Wan to complain but keep quiet in the end, loud mouth no guts.

But i cant complain too, coz i am sitting n waiting for others to complain as well, another kind of typical singaporeans. And complaining when others decided not to pursue. Cannot lidat, I need to be more gutsy since ppl ard me r not.

I reached home ard 535 am and SZ ard 6am. It was so stupid, a disappointing night. I had quite a bad time i felt. I wished i had stayed at home to watch e finals of Superband. I hope i dun miss e 2nd telecast.

My son cried e whole night when i was out. Tis is e 1st time. So i had to officially go home earlier from now on. Early as in before 2+am. Well, tts if i dun really enjoy e company though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ichibo (thats how sindy n i call it) in esplanade is one of the nicer franchise imo, in terms of atmosphere especially. heheh