Saturday, June 24, 2006

Be4 U Start, Dun Say I Never Say!

Some ppl told me they r going to start on Death Note... Its a gd thing u r intrigued, coz according to e manga communities, tis is one of the must-read...

But then, well, jus some clarifications...

If u r into mature story themes, tis manga can easily becum e best... However, the juice of e manga only lasted for about e 1st 5 or 6 volumes... The L arc was wat captivated fans ard e world... After L died (well, i already mentioned it), everything pretty much went downhill... These are wat e fans said too...

After e 1st arc, u may find it hard to follow... I did as well, it was very dry and very hard to concentrate... At some pt, u may not even be bothered to follow wat e long captions say... I am not exaggerating... I did fell asleep while reading it, wif my chin resting on my keyboard drawer, one hand on my mouse, i DOZED off! Lol...

U will finish e 1st arc in 1 shot, but then after which u may find it hard to continue... And to make matters worst, e writer created an ending (which i found out be4 i even read e manga) tt NOBODY liked... Also, e writer made e main character who was so great, lost himself and becum pathetic in the last chapters...

The ending chapters pissed e fans off...

Even so, this is still one of e best, becoz it started powerful... The 1st arc was amazing... It was smart, thrilling, n mind provoking... E ideal for serious ppl wif detective/analytical minds or simply for those ppl who think alot or too much like me, and for those who live in unfair/evil societies...

Ultimately u will still force urself to finish it for a full circle... It did pick up for some chapters, so it wasnt tt bad...

I dun reccomend girls reading it though... Seriously, i dun think girls will like tis... Like i said, e sexual discriminations may turn u off, and its a dark serious world... So far, only guys tt i noe read e manga... Also, e manga may clash wif ur moral grds, living isnt like sweet candies...

I am alittle biased, just abit... Coz like i said in e comments of e prev post... The Illustrator is Takeshi Obata, who is one of my fav manga illustrators... Coz he drew my fav manga, Hikaru No Go... So ya... Lol... I also didnt like e ending of Hikaru No Go, but then hes got nothing to do wif both stories anyways... Its e writers... Both (DN & HNG) females somemore...

So ya, anyways, enjoy it though... Wun regret one lah... Its interesting n exciting enuff, e story n concept gives u a great impact on ur minds, it affects ur mindset (kinda), u wun forget it... So after awhile u'll forgive e second arc... Haha...

No comments: