Saturday, June 10, 2006

Silent Hill

I came back fr watching Silent Hill midnight sneak preview wif a disturbed mind, full stomach and motion sickness as usual... I had mac for supper, gawd, tts too heavy... I somehow cannot remember to stick tt plaster over my belly button when im out lately... I am going dinner later tonight and hopefully i remember...

Reviews on the movie were damn good...

The movie was supposed to be very very scary...

The movie's plot wasnt on the game of coz, but it took a gd deal of references from the series...

I used to haf a bf who was crazy over Silent Hill and creeps me out everynight... We combined forces to play e game, my brains, my commands, his hands, his fights wif e zombies... But then i was very traumatised by the scary effects and horrible creepy music, which were famous then...

I even remembered his newly bought vibrating controller vibrates alot wif tis game... So it was super irritating n noisy...

Being a nice gf i had to bear wif all e creeps and helped him out wif e mind challenging puzzles... But i cant solve e piano part, so we had to ask for e cheat answers fr e experts, lol... I forgot which Silent Hill we played, but i remembered it was a Father looking for his daughter, Cheryl, coz it was the same name as me then...

Yes, i was called Cheryl a long time ago... I had too many names... Maybe it wasnt Cheryl but Sharon like e movie, but i remembered it was my name leh...

Its freaky to see the Silent Hill town brought to life... I used to tell myself then tt its fake so no need to feel creepy about it... But seeing it brought to life in the movie, sent chills down my spine...

The Sch was extremely memorable, coz i spent most of my time in e game there, e sch was huge n very haunted... My bf played by himself other times, only when he needed my help, he would ask...

I remembered theres tis Courtyard wif clocks, whenever u r in tis place, it gives off a weird eerie music... Anyways, tis was e place where u cross one dimension or place to another... I hate the music... Even when i had fallen asleep, i cant help but woke up due to the zombies sound effects... And the moment my eyes open, i see zombies... Urgh... And every time i hear the music changes i closed my eyes and go to sleep and leave my bf alone wif e game...

The movie also showed e toilet scenes... I tell u ar, the Sch in e game hor, got alot alot of toilets, and u get to enter n explore so many... But most of them r empty but very creepy n dirty looking... The scene where they showed e main sch office counter was especially nostalgic but in a eerie way... Coz u passed by alot alot of times there, i think there was a map there or something, and e flashlight which was in e movie... It is exactly as how i remembered 9 yrs ago...

I think e movie did quite a gd job of piecing a story together, although e story developed abit too slow and they lost the climax everytime they create one...

Its like, coming coming, zombies, ahhh, scary, oh no, ouch, ahhhhh, then back to normal...

They had tis siren going every time u hear it, u noe the darkness is coming... I could not take it after e second time, i do not like it when u noe u hear tt and scary things would come out... Its a mental torture...

Alot of scenes made some ppl laughed in e movie, including e way e zombies moved and e way ppl were killed... Although true enuff, some were quite fake but i didnt think it was funny... I almost couldnt understand y SZ burst into laughter just after e characters went thru a ordeal... Lol...

All in all, the movie is quite creepy, maybe less for those non game players... If u played e game, u would remember alot of scary scenes while u r watching e movie... I hate e music, very creepy as usual... Some mix of gore n blood as well in e end...

I saw the trailers for Stay Alive and e famous M. Shayamalan's Lady In The Water, boths seem super scary... I was super surprised SZ remembered tt director's name, having watched e disappointing The Village wif her last time... But i was even more surprised tt she was surprised i noe the director... Lol...

How can u not noe him if u watched horror films, somemore for media design students... Somemore a movie freak like me...

I watched all his films, since Unbreakable... But The Village was a huge disappointment... His concept wasnt great tt time round... Lady In The Water seems promising though... I am going to catch it coz of him... I hope he can go back to his old style...

Unbreakable was his best work, so many yrs haf passed and yet its still unforgettable... He easily became everyone's (movie freaks) fav director then... Coz his movies were one of a kind... Unbreakable was a very unqiue movie then but of coz all these yrs lots of copycats came out... His movies always either end wif a twist, or wif a heavy impactful punchline... Lots of media students wannabes wan to write scripts like him...

Anyways, I do not believe 50 Million went into tis movie (Silent Hill)... It does not look like tt... Most of the special effects and make up were CG, meaning fake... Even their actual makeup looked fake most of the times, but nvm lah, normal ppl wouldnt notice such things...

No comments: