Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May The Force Be With Us...

Met Shuzhen yesterday... I lent her e Inuyasha VCDs, and she lent me Qi Ling Wang VCDs again, coz i really really miss e show... I had finished watching e 1st 2 boxes, its jus so gd to see my fav Sai character (e ghost), again... Cant find e Sai doll which i gave Shuzhen on her bday le... So sad... Only thing i hate about e show is tt, fr box 2 end onwards, theres no more jap voiceover, only mandarin, and e subtitles doesnt match wat they say... Sigh... I hate cl subtitles... Hope e dvd's different though...

She also lent me 2 Dan Brown's book, Deceptive Point and Digital Fortress... Which according to her, r e best among e 4, and she cant tell her fav btween e 2... I haven started reading, will do tt after my Qi Ling Wang anime... So now left Da Vinci Code, which i duno mus wait till when... Ive watched e documentary program, Beyond E Da Vinci Code, and it was so disappointing...

Ok, besides all these, ive finally watched STAR WARS EPI 3: REVENGE OF THE SITH... We watched at GV Bishan yest... Been so long since i last watch a show at GV, after i boycotted them... Haha... So tis time, i bought their Nachos wif extra cheese, wah, so huai nian... But e chips were too salted for me, i duno y they had decided to coat e chips wif salt... Not for me anymore... I also saw a few slippers i like, shall buy them once my current slipper wears out...

Back to e force...

E show is incredibly, superly, great!!! Now, ive finally understood y star wars fans kept complaining e 1st 2 r stinkers... Now tt ive watch tis (yah, i knoe, abit tad too late, since everyone had already tok about it), i finally saw e light!!! I used to be a small SW fan, when i was in my pri yrs... Not those who buy their products, but a young child who enjoys watching e old 3 episodes over n over on Channel 5, even though i couldnt understand wat e story was about...

E show is awsome... It captivated me, i was so into it tt e show had gotten into my bones... I was so overwhelmed... Finally George Lucas got it right tis time... It was such an emotional ride, but it wasnt easy for me to see e whole world fall to e dark side... I kept sighing during those parts... I nearly cried but i fought back my tears tis time... I can simply watch e show again...

Wat amazes me was tt, beside me on my rt, was tis middle age man, watching alone, and beside him was a row of guys in their 20s... In e ending, i turned to my side and saw those guys actually weepin... I was taken aback... Wow, how many movies actually managed to make a row of guys cry??? Ok, besides Passion of Christ... I mean non religious movies... Now, i understand y e boys were so crazy over SW, it mus be something George Lucas did tt captivated e males...

However, u still need to knoe e story to watch e show, coz they will never explain anything more... For me, it wasnt a prob... But for Shuzhen, on e other hand, she didnt find e show gd, she said she felt detached fr e show, which i can tell, and tt she was yawning thru out... But for me, e show was super fast paced, things happen one after another... There wasnt even time for me to breathe...

I then asked her, "U forgot e story liao arh?", and she said, "Yalor, dun really remember, so long ago liao...". Tts y she dun like lor, coz fr e 1st scene onwards, e story jus goes on n on, no chance to ask qns...

2 very amazing aspects on e show... E excellent excellent sound effects n e computer graphics... E sound effects were so great tt e i actually felt i was involved in e war itself... E surround sound was so much better than any other films... And e graphics were excellent, it was much much way better than e 1st, and even much better than e matrix... Totally visualing stunning...

No other movie comes close tis yr... Even if Harry Potter managed to screen their last tis yr... There is no way it can win, absolutely no way... But one prob wif SWs is tt, e film seems to get washed out easily after awhile, so if u managed to catch tis on tv 2 yrs later, u'll find e show super dated n yellow like Epi 1, which wasnt like tt when u catch it at e cinema then...

Cool show (Even greater if u r a fan), e best among e series... Wat a way for e finale... U did great tis time, George Lucas...

But as tis is e final episode, i find it rather sad though... Oh well...

No comments: