Monday, November 21, 2005

So Typical

So many ppl haf been giving me all kinds of stupid smart questions, reactions, opinions (though i didnt ask for any) to wats happening to me lately...

For example, with regards to my retrenchment.

Typical of young ppl to ask, "So wat job u working now?"... Especially for those who haf a job n those who r studyin their degrees... For those who r jobless, they will never ask u tis qns unless they in some way hope to come into ur company...

In the event if i decided to review my retrenchment truth, which i usually do, these are some of e typical interesting things tt they said...

"Wat? So weird!"

"Got tis kind of thing one meh?"

"So young where got retrenchment one, u bluff one lah!"


1st n foremost, with regards to moi retrenchment, tis is e real truth.. But on record n reality, its a resignation... But to me, e truth was tt I was retrenched... Wat should i lie about it?

Before i go on, there is one thing tt pisses me off...

Sometimes when ppl heard i am unemployed or something, some will try to act nice n say things like, "Well, if u need help (monetary), then let me noe, im be glad to help!"... And be4 i can say anything, they go on to say, "But theres a limit / I cannot always help u / Dun treat me like ATM though!"...

As much as i "genuinely" appreciate e "SUPPOSED" concern, in e 1st place, i NEVER SAID i need HELP!

Never in my life haf i gotten into debts with anyone... When i say debts i meant really borrow, not those i didnt haf cash at tt moment borrow few bucks tt kind... I meant really borrow...

Tis is one of my life principles... Which i stood very firmly by it... Coz i believe bad debts bring about bad kharma, and i also do not like to be in debt favours of others... I am e kind of idiots who always lend ppl money and got cheated even till today but never will I go ask for monetary help...

Believe it or not, i got cheated by my colleagues from my 2nd last company... Not one person but 2!!! Tats how trusting i thot ppl are... Even though i always say otherwise...

But i do haf one exception... I was hospitalised during secondary n i got no money to pay and my family members refused to pay and so i begged my ex bf to help after receiving mulitple near lawsuit warning letters... But I managed to solve it in e end... So i didnt owe him e debt...

I am not saying i die die will never borrow in my entire life, coz some things are hard to say... I may seriously encounter things i cannot predict n haf to resort to killing my own principles...

But as much as i try, i try not to do it...

So, y shd anyone even think i need money help? If i shd need, of coz, i will ask! But when i didnt even say anything except to inform u tt i am jobless (coz u asked me in e 1st place), y shd u judge? It is so bek cek to hear those assumptions n tt hearin tt they continue saying things like u got to help urself ultimately etc... WTF?

I am not e kind of typical young individuals whereby they haf support fr their family members... It is NOT OK for me to stay at home n rot, it is OK only coz i never use anyone's money... I live on my own savings! My own earned money! Even so, it is still not ok, coz currently i am not paying for household bills temporary n im already hearing grumbles!!!

If i am penniless, do u think i would be at home? No, coz i haf to feed myself! Where do u think i get money to buy groceries? From sky arh? From my mum arh?

Nvm, i cant blame ppl for being ignorant about my situation... Anyways, tts not wat i wan to tok about...

Back to being shocked about retrenchment...

Unless u never go out, unless u dun communicate wif others at all, unless u haf rich parents n a family business going, unless u r still studying n noe nuts about our sg economy, unless u r still in NS, unless ur free time is only spent accompanyin ur gf/bfs, unless u r not local, unless u believe mainstream media for every word they say...

Then y shd u be so shocked?

DO u think tt our market is so gd, till every graduates can find a job within 3 mths? Do u seriously think so?

I haf degree holders frenz who couldnt find any job at all (related) for like 2 yrs!

I haf dip holders frenz who couldnt find jobs (related or not) for like 3 yrs!

Do u noe how many companies haf closed down over e yrs... Dun even mention about others, for animation firms, e top 2 had gone, and one more is facing serious probs!

I am not even e 1st to be retrenched... I noe of some who themselves were retrenched last yr...

Of coz, i cannot blame ppl for believing e beautiful picture tt lecturers/teachers paint in sg... I also cannot blame guys who are still in NS, still very confident tt they will surely find a related job after they ORD... I cannot blame ppl who never open their eyes...

But dun blame me when i couldnt be bothered to reply ur reactions... Coz u dun expect me to repeat all the holy crap to everyone who is so typical... And besides, being in e comfort zone they r, do u truly believe tt they will believe if i tell them the market is terrible now?

I noe for sure, one day when they r ready, they'll see it... Y waste my time now, they wun even remember or register wat ive jus said anyways...

Jus common sense will tell u... Our country is not growing... We are not getting more new companies... Alot of ppl haf lost their jobs, even those experienced gd workers... And yet, every yr, we are churning out tens of thousands of degree grads, dip grads...

Do u seriously think tt, when 120 design students grad fr a course, there are 60 positions popping out magically for them to be employed, and another 60 after e guys completed their NS?

We are losing alot of advertising agencies in sg... Coz there arent enuff projects anymore... And becoz of tt, almost most of them do not quit... So do u think tt the managing director will add on 5 new positions every yr jus to cater to all e 500 ad design graduates in sg? Do u think e director will say, "Oh, we got to help e grads!"...

I mean, face it, u can do e maths urself...

Jus about 5 yrs ago, general degree holders average income is about 3K, now? Its only 1.5K, i noe of some who grad from some hoo-ha unis ard e world, and their starting pay offered was 1.2k! Funny thing about tis fact was i told some peers who r still studyin local unis some time ago, n they cannot believed e numbers i gave... I even increase e rate to avoid disappointment... I said 1.8K!

Guess wat they said?

"Wat? Cannot be one lah, my lecturer said our coz is e best in sg, and average income is 2.5K!"

(Yah, my lecturer also said its 1.8K for our starting pay leh, u go find out my peers who got tis rate lor! So familiar hor, my lecturers also said my coz is da best here leh! Though i heard SP also said their coz is da best leh! How arh? Believe who? My lecturer even said, if u r da best hor, u get like above 3K leh! U ask our best grad lor! Or better still ask those who had been workin for 8 yrs n find out their pay...)

"Aiyo, tts for those from NTU, we NUS students different one... Our certs more valuable!"

(Hope i dun get into trouble quoting tis...)

"1.8K is like poly holders leh! U siao!"

(U r such a inconsiderate bastard! Ok kidding, i didnt say tt of coz...)

Believe it or not, market is very bad... So be thankful if u managed to get a job... I seriously hope tt after i settled all my family stuffs n myself n my directions, i get a full time job soon... *cross fingers*

Occasionally i get calls from various ppl complaining tt they cant find any... Some even got so depressed tt they felt like giving up... Some had so much financial burdens tt they felt tt they jus cant make a living here...

I noe its sad... But no matter, we jus haf to keep trying...

Can find one! Dun give up!

If u seriously ask me, i usually will not tell ppl tt market is bad, n very tough to find jobs... I usually will say, if u keep lookin, u'll find one eventually, jus be realistic.

Its not gd to lose hope u noe... Can one lah, can...

No comments: