Thursday, June 30, 2005

War Of The Worlds

Ok, conclusion, e show doesnt sucks to e bottom... But its not gd either...

I was a big mouth yesterday... I told moi mummy e reviews i saw after i woke up and she immediately decided not to watch... Haha, she said like like tt then dun watch liao lah, scarly fall asleep... I told her wun fall asleep one lah... Even if she decided not to watch, me n Shuzhen will still watch it...

Then she asked me, ppl say not nice, y u still wan to go watch?

Well, sometimes reviews cannot really be trusted one mah... Especially when my tastes for movies r so different fr e rest... Besides, since i heard it sucks... Usually it will turn out slightly better than i expected... She then said will still treat us both to watch...

But i forced her to go anyway... She so long no go theatres liao, last time was end of last yr's Kung Fu... She even forgotten tt theatres r cold... Haha...

We went to Causeway Pt to watch... E sound system was overboard for our movie... Too loud... I ended up feelin giddy and headache after e show... Also, i gotten motion sickness during e show... TIs had nothin to do wif e movie, it was e bloody grp behind me tt was rockin my chair... It was so irritating... They rocked my chair thru out e whole movie till i nearly vomit... My mum scolded them, but not to them, she jus shouted "SHake so much, go home n shake lah!", when e movie was rather silent... Amazingly, Shuzhen didnt hear it...

I found out e reason to Shuzhen's poor or weird observation skills yest... So funny...

When i got back home, my mum said to me, "When a person's suay hor, even buy tickets watch movie also suay hor, so many ppl watch movies, so many seats, only u kena ppl rock ur chair...". I then said, "Actually, tis is not e 1st time liao."... "Aiyah, used to it can liao..."

Haha, so sad hor... Yah, out of 10 times, there will be 8 times when i kena tis kind of thing... Thus sometimes i dun enjoy e movies... E other 2 times dun haf coz i watch at off peak periods so no body behind me... Haha... But tis time one bloody serious, coz they rock n rock non stop... Buay tahan... Their rockin affected Shuzhen n my mum's chair as well, but as usual, SHuzhen didnt really notice...

Ok back to e movie...

E movie was ok initially, it got my attention, and it was rather interestin how e story flowed... But there was lack of horror or anxiety or fear... I duno y they did it tis way.. But somehow, they made a bland show... Even e narrator was so slow n boring, i nearly fall asleep within seconds hearing his voice...

I find some parts of e show disturbing though... E most disturbing ones were tt they showed how some humans will behave during their pt of desperations... WHich made me feel quite sad, but appararently, it seemed tt no one noticed those as well... Haha...

Seeing e male lead as a loser kind of role was somewat boring too... His daughter acted very well though...

E show gets into e down pt after e father n daughter escaped to a basement wif a man... E part onwards, were purely nonsensical and boring and ptless... My mum was crusing n swearing thru out and she was very frustrated... Haha...

Not forgettin e movie ending... E story ended eruptly and e reason tt e aliens died were weird n ptless... I will not include spoilers, coz i noe alot of ppl will wan to watch... If i tell u e endin, nobody will go watch liao...

My mum was exclaimin e show is trying to bluff small children, all e things dun make sense... Very lousy show... For SHuzhen, immediately, when e credits rolled, she said, its not a gd show... For me, i said, "Ok la, not tt bad lah, quite nervous, my heart was pounding until e middle part.". My mum then said, "Tis kind of show if doesnt coz u nervousness then can be scrape off liao arh..." Ya lor, true arh... Haha...

Lets jus say, go watch e show thinkin its e lousiest and u'll feel better... I sure did... Or if u r a Tom Cruise fan, jus watch it for him, even though hes a loser Dad n e show... Now i understand y e trailers r so short... COz theres nothing much of it anyway... A very short movie, only less than 2 hrs...

But i find e aliens cute instead of scary... Their face look like chihuahua dogs... So cute... But i believe nobody will think tis way... Haha... And they walk on one leg... Even more cute...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »