Monday, July 04, 2005

I Would Never Wan To Send Someone To E Hospital Again... I Hope...

I received a call of e noisest ringtone i haf... And of coz, i knew it was fr my Dad's house... But when i was picked it up, half asleep, it was a woman's voice... I opened my eyes and realised i wasnt dreaming...

I knew it... Shit... Something mus haf happened...

Understandin e china woman (my Dad's tenant) was not easy... Not becoz of her mandarin but coz of wat she said...


She told me to go over coz my Dad is sick... He cant walk...

Immediately, i woke up and left e house after awhile... Coz it takes a long time to reach there... But tis time, i let my mum noe tt i go visit him coz i left wifout eating anything...

When i was at his door at 1+pm, i saw him sitting on his chair, facing e door, apparently waiting for me... His eyes r closed... I seldom see tt... When i called him, he opened his eyes and i could barely recognise him...

His face totally changed... Not a gd sign... He looked really sick n weak...

He didnt haf any food... He took plain bread in e morning but vomitted everything... He tried to stand to go toilet... But he cant, even though he tried for an hr... I couldnt stand it, i fed him water, i prepared bread, which he didnt eat in e end... I persuaded him to go to e hospital...

I noe its a financial burden, i knoe its troublesome... But wat choice is there??? He cant walk, he cant stand, wat can i do?

So i dialed e ambulance... I packed a big bag of his medications, a big bag of toiletries and dressed him up...

E paramedics came... But i was so disappointed...

Maybe i watched too much tv... I thot paramedics were supposed to be professional, fast, mature and knoe wat to do... But apparently, i was slapped back by reality... They were but mere, singaporeans, wif e fucked up singaporean attitude...

2 Malay guys (one old, one young) and a chinese gal...

E chinese gal was more ok, she was trying to tok to my Dad in a relaxing n funny way... But e young malay guy gave a fuck up face... He looked as though it was a chore... Tt aside, i caught him roll his eye balls so many times at e comments my Dad made...

My Dad insisted tt he wans to go toilet 1st... But e paramedics stood there n didnt noe wat to do... E 2 malay guys chatted so much in Malay till i dun even noe wat were they doin...

I stood there n watched wat e hell e 3 of them r doin... Apparently, e simple thing is for 2 guys to carry my Dad to e toilet... SImple as tt!!! But they didnt... Either they didnt wan to, or simply they didnt haf e strength...

Instead, they pushed my Dad on their ramp to e kitchen... They stopped outside e toilet, and allowed him to stand up on his own, holdin on to e window pane, n pee to my Dad's mug... Wat the??? Meanwhile, 3 of them started to chit chat leisurely... My Dad couldnt pee in e end... I find e whole situation a waste of time...

I sat at e front seat in e ambulance... It was strange coz its my 1st time... I dun wanna a second anyway... On e way there, e ambulanced actually stalled in e middle of a road... Damn... Think e batts down or something, coz they couldnt get e air con to work, and it was hot (complained by e female paramedic, not me, i didnt even bother to feel e temperature)... But they got e vehicle started again, minimising e elect on certain operations...

When I turned ard to look at them... I saw e young malay chap sleepin... Gosh... I remember his name somemore... FA_ _ _ _ ... Sigh... Ppl...

E siren is noisy like hell, and in my opinion, disturbing to patients... If i was e one lying on e ramp, i would find e siren directing me to hell... Even though its noon, e traffics cramped up... SOme selfish ones dun bother to give way, while many others did...

Finally we reached e hospital's emergency department...

I had to Q a long Q jus to get screened... They took my temperature twice, strangely... Think it was high on e 1st... But i couldnt understand them, coz they were tokin to each other in Malay... Suddenly, i find SHuzhen's learning of Malay so useful... Not to understand wat e hell they r tokin... But to scold them... Damn...

Coz it was so packed, and many others, like me, were blur at e unfriendly procedures... One approached e security malay chap to enter e waiting rm, e security took e ear thermometer fr e counter wifout askin, and jus insertin into e guy's ear!!! Wifout any covers!!!

I hate hospitals... E procedures unfriendly n slow... E signs r forever confusing... E staffs r forever unfriendly, rude and grouchy...

I waited for ages... Meanwhile, alot of aunties kept chatting wif me... IM NOT IN E MOOD TO CHAT!!! I dun understand y aunties like to tok to me... And then they called for me, i entered e rm tt they instructed, saw my Dad on a temporary bed, heard they call for me again, went to e counter to check, and e staff bloody hell asked me which patient, how long ago patient came, when they jus called me over... Worst, she said nobody called, asked me to check e other rm's nurses, whereby no nurses were there...

I saw one nurse scolded my Dad when he tried to ask her something... She even gave him a irritated look and didnt even bother to hear finish wat my Dad's trying to say and simply left wif sacarstic remarks... WT???

Tts y i hate hospitals... Theres too many indonesian/phillipino nurses and they r forever grouchy n impatient... I sob at e government hospitals... Of coz, if u r rich and in e 1st class... I can assure u e nurses r way different... They even hand feed u milo!!!

Doc said she will put my Dad under stroke querry and never say anythin more... Coz i think e docs will only check after patients r warded... She told me to do his admission registrations...

I went over and waited for long again...

E hospital full so he will haf to wait till tmr morning to see if there r any beds... Meanwhile hes being packed in a rm full of patients on moving temp beds... No visitors allowed, so I left him wif his belongings and his clutch... Im so afraid he'll lose them...

Im worried, hungry, stressed... I will haf to wait till tmr to see if hes warded before i can see him... Hope everything's fine...

No comments: