Sunday, July 03, 2005

Master Celes Chef: Pork Cutlets

Heh, time for me to do cookin again...

I briefing mentioned to my mum tt i wanted to cook Cheesy Pork Cutlet Roll... And she got all e ingredients and told me to cook today after i woke up... Though unprepared, but its ok, im always unprepared anyways... Since e receipe is off my head...

But she told me she wan to eat pork cutlet... So i prepared 2 plates...


Wah, e lovely ingredients... Fr left, a pail of pork meat... Which i specially sliced n pounded n marinated to perfection... I spreaded on e pink pail to drain e liquid... Then bread crumbs, batter, egg, cheese, ham, toothpink, seaweed...

YUMMY, i couldnt wait...

My mum saw me while i was marinating, and she asked me where i got e receipe... I said its fr my own head, and she had a shock... She asked me if fail how? But i assured her it wun fail... Its a simple dish... Haha, over confident right? So corky!!!

Again, tis is my 1st time... SO i didnt noe how it would turn out to be... I thot e cutlets would be for snacks, then i realised its actually for e family's dinner of 4... Stress!!!

Im trying 2 types, one wif batter (flour n egg), and the other wif wif egg only... Conclusion was, e one wif batter is better... Much more tender...

Ok tis is e outcome... But dun laugh... E pic didnt do justice to my cutlets...


Look how perfect e cutlets are... U can ignore e Cheesy Cutlet Roll though...


I screwed up e appearance of e rolls, coz i was over confident and realised it wasnt as easy as wat i imagined... And i took a long time frying... Coz i got to control e fire properly to ensure a even deep brown fry...

I used total Cholesterol Free vege oil. So its much healthier... And i drained e oil off properly as well... So e final wasnt oily at all... Im so damn proud of myself... I even showed my sis e 1st piece, and said, "See my cutlet, fry until so perfect... Nice hor?"...

While i was frying, my picky sis came in and ate a piece of e cutlet... She then exclaimed, "Veryyyyyyyy niceeeeeeeeeee!!!"...

I acted cooly and said, "Is it?"...

She shouted, "Yah... Veeryyyyyyyy nice.....!!!"...

I mumbled loudly, hehe, "Im so proud of myself!"...

She asked, "Wan to open shop?"...

I said i wan of coz... I love to cook...

But e rolls really took me down.. Coz it was late and my ktichen's lights, one spoilt, one wasnt bright enuff... My eyesight was failing me... So stressed... And i had to rush coz its near dinner time soon... I was so busy e day... Bath and groomed Pappy, change e sheets, take him for a walk and had to prepare these...

My rolls became ugly... But i didnt care, i knew e taste's going to turn out great... Being corky again...

Meanwhile, my mum came back, my excited sis took a piece for her to try and asked if its nice... Guess wat my mum said...

Mum: Of coz nice lah, Mun Mun (me) cook one mah, sure nice, if u (my sis) cook then i dun dare to eat...

Haha, i wanted to laugh, but i was too stressed to laugh coz i was very focused on e fire... Lately, i haf been a better cook than my mum... Her skills haf gotten worst due to age and poor memory... She used to cook very well... I cook wif my heart, i always tell her tt... Tts y its different...

ANyways, heres a better closer shot...


E yellowish thingy fr e roll is actually cheese, of coz, its not supposed to leak, but i told u, its ugly...

Tis is dinner for sunday... Usually we eat better for SUnday coz my sis eats wif us, and she is real picky...


Ive been eating brown rice for some time... Its mixed wif normal rice... I dun like it, but my mum haf to take it... So i dun mind...


Its pretty much a waste of oil... I tried to save on e oil n thus affected my fryin of e rolls... There wasnt enuff oil then, and theres too much particles in e oil... I fried e cutlets 1st, so they turned out beautifully...

My mum ask me to cook these again... Coz she like it... I knoe she like tts y i cook pork... She loves pork cutlet... If not i will use chicken... For e second time, im sure it will turn out better...

Taste:
Its simply great, not becoz i cook it... I was expectin it to be nice but not tis nice... E meat is very tender, and it tastes better than e cutlets fr outside stalls... Which some r hard n tough, but mine totally melts... Heh... My marination works and taste superb...

E rolls... Aiyo, im droolin at e thot of it... E rolls r EXCELLENT!!! I simply simply love e taste... So nice... If i make it look better e next time, it will taste perfect...

So happy, 2 more successful new dishes...

PS: If u think its fuckin easy, then go try it out... I was too corky n naive... I then realised deep fryin is not as simple as i thot... Wif limited oil and stuffs, its was pretty tough... Maybe if u get those specially for deep frying pot or if u can afford e whole pot of oil, then i believe it makes things easier... Dun u think???

No comments: