Sunday, September 25, 2005

Eh? Haven die yet arh?

I actually couldnt use the internet over this weekend. Coz my sister had reserved this 2 days to use it... But now that shes sleeping. I thot i'll jus use it awhile.

Some updates about my colleague who was hospitalised... Thanks for all who asked. =)

He had stomach pain for some time... Then one day, he got severe diarrhoea, then he got dehydrated, admitted hospital... And need to go thru surgery to remove some pus or something...

But he's at home now, recouping... Glad that hes ok. But he doesnt allow us to visit him. Haha... Hope to see him back in the office soon. Meanwhile, we'll all take care of his work.

That day when my pri sch fren called me hor. Guess wats the 1st thing he said?

Me: Hello?

Him: Eh? Haven die yet arh?

Me: Wa lao, 1st thing u call u ask me die already or not! Biangz... Hahahah...

But seriously, tt didnt bother me... Coz he still brought a smile to my face... So long never call me liao wor... Ok lah, i also so long never call him liao... But then, he got gf mah, i dun wish to get into pussy stuffs... Bleah...

He signed on to Air Force... Hmm, i asked him y... He said, well, i shd noe how bad the market is outside, since im working...

Tt statement actually made me pause awhile... And time froze for a second...

Then i replied... Hmm, actually, its not tt bad lah... If u look hard enuff.

But then i noe i lied... Coz i DO KNOW how BAD our market is... I wanted to jus say YALOR!!! But then, i find tt seriously, we shd still be positive about it...

I knoe of many many ppl and frenz who until today, like 2 yrs, still cannot find a single job... I also know many many ppl who wasnt even granted any interviews for like 1 yr?

Of coz, i do not knoe them well enuff to judge whether isit really cannot find or is it their resume, interview skills, or expectations... But i knoe myself mah... I can only say, i agree the market is bad...

However, its not e end of e world... Seriously, if u look hard enuff n keep an open mind, u'll find it... It may not be perfect... But at least it beats staying at home n rotting ur life away... I mean, who the hell manages to find perfect jobs nowadays... Some yaya ppl may say until machiam so gd so gd... But i can tell u, they sure go thru some kind of shit one...

I guess the best thing is to stay realistic... If after 1 yr u still cannot find a designer job, then pls... Change lor! Seriously, u cannot wait until u find then start mah... Its nothing ashame to change ur industry anyways, i did and im happy wif it... Okok, i noe my job still involves design, but the main idea is not mah...

Ironically, during my interview, i said i do not wish to go back to my design or animation industry... But my job actually demanded 50% of my time of design... Hahah... Tts life eh?

Jus dun expect too much, and dun believe wat ur lecturers say about e market, about e jobs... And u will be fine... Trust me... Hehe...

Hope all my frenz can find a job wor...

Oh, back to e pri sch fren call... We talked for awhile, and suddenly he said, wah, so long never call u, glad that u r still here... (Something like tt, loosely translated)

Which brought a bigger smile again to my face... Somehow, i dun really noe wat he really meant... Coz he ah beng ah beng, and spoke in broken chinese... But somehow, i felt that he sounded genuinely concerned... If not, he wouldnt be bothered to make tt statement...

I didnt even noe how to reply after tt... He caught me...

No comments: