Sunday, July 23, 2006

Blood Donation #2

1 week back, i asked SZ along to go for blood donation. She failed e 1st, but i was very confident she would be successful tis time.

But after tis time, i swear i wun allow her near any donation drive ever.

We headed to one of the CCs at Yishun, and waited for a long time although i got make appt, too many ppl, cant help. I especially love e small pens they give, and thus i took 3, muahahah, 1 given fr SZ, coz she doesnt wan it.

Theres lots of stations to go to in case u've haven been to one, much like NAFA test. Lol. So anyways, e second station is e computer station where aunties ladies register ur particulars to their lap tops, SLOWLY~

Theres 3 ladies at the counter, e middle one jus came back fr a break. I went 1st to e left one, and while i was waiting PATIENTLY, i noticed e middle indian lady looking at me, fr e corner of my eyes. At 1st i jus wanted to ignore. Then again, i thot, watever, so i looked at her and smiled, and she said, "U r so pretty!"... Muahahaha...

I didnt noe how to react, i simply jus smiled AGAIN. She caught me off guard.

Shes a very pretty indian lady as well. And so i started to chit chat wif her. She peeped my particulars from the labby, and exclaimed, "U r a chinese? I thot u r malay!"... -_-" "Yea, everyone says so, i get tt all the time, hahaha!"

Then we roped in e chinese lady serving me into our conversation, i small talk wif them, make them laugh, jus so i can make them feel happier coz i can tell they r very tired from e long day's work.

Meanwhile, e 3rd lady was serving SZ, and it was dead silence there. We laughed so much i thot we made a rukus, but SZ didnt even noe it. But maybe tts only her. Lol.

One pt e chinese lady said, "She only say u pretty, she even said i ugly."... We laughed much more. So funny e 2 ladies.

Anyways, there was something wrong wif SZ's particulars. But it was fixed manually by doc later.

Next to the Doc's chamber, hes very frendly. The 1st one i saw mths back was frendly too, but hes kinda rushed and shoots like rocket, i couldnt even understand him. Then to e blood test station, e pain pain needle, eeks! My blood is thicker tis time, think coz i never drink enuff water. I forgot mus drink 1 litre becum going.

I like to see tt beaker, u see everyone's blood like donuts congregating at the bottom of the beaker. A few's floating, those mus be got prob one. Then we waited n waited in Q for e 8 donation beds to be available.

While we were waiting, there were a few ladies who suffered during e donation, they went white and they had to stop and Doc/nurses got to help them. They suffered e giddiness. SZ asked me, "Nobody has died fr blood donation right?" To which i replied, "No lah.................. But, kena AIDS haf be4"... "SG is safe though".

I saw there were green bandages tis time, i was so happy. And then i saw purple. But then i always dun get e color i like. I got e worst color orange then. And tis time i got,


PINK! So angry. I dun like orange, yellow n pink, and they must give me pink. Its random one, duno y always give me e ugly colors i hate.

Anyways, tis time, it was strangely painless. E anesthatics (anyhow spell, lazy to check) injection was a breeze. And then e blood sucker needle was painless as well. I was so surprised. So i concluded e nurse for my 1st time did a terrible job. Either tt or 1st time is more painful. Duno.

I even thanked e nurse coz i was so impressed, to which she was so surprised. I think nobody thank nurses for poking needles into their veins. I mus be e 1st, but i can tell shes very happy tt i did. I wanted to explain y i thank her but i didnt. Cant blame me, my blood was being drawn. Theres other things my brain was concentrating on.

I donated more than usual. I saw lots of blood bags only 3/4 filled. I was looking at my bag, and its almost over filled. Not sure isit my blood type or they simply forgot. Anyways, when i was done, e male nurse hor, didnt even give me time to press my wound, i only pressed for a few seconds and he came to bandage me. So bek cek, e nurse also said "Y u come so fast?" and he said coz he wan to move me to e resting bed. Rushing again. -_-"

I was done in e evening, and when i reached home after midnight. I realised my wound didnt even stop bleeding. So angry, all tt impatient chap's fault.


My blood was soaking e bandage. Waste my blood!

Anyways, while i was lying on e waiting bed. I saw SZ far across me in trouble. She was donating but i could see she felt terrible. She asked for nurses' help, but e auntie ignored her. So angry. Finally, e nice nurse i thanked went to her, i think tt nurse scolded e auntie nurse after tt.

They stopped her donation and called for e doc. They laid her flat, up her legs. I got off e bed and went over to e pale her. I touched her head and then e nurse ask me to go sit down, and said my fren will be fine.

I was worried like mad ok? I took a drink and waited while looking at her. She got better, and came over after some time. But while she was sitting there, she felt giddy again. I called for help and e Doc n one volunteer guy moved her to e bed.

I accompanied her and after a long time, she was ok. It so so scary ok!!!!!!! But fortunately for her, we were all ard. When i was giddy then, i was alone. So ke lian ok. I felt so helpless. Although i did call SZ, but she didnt noe my condition coz she said my voice sounded fine.

I wanted to cancel our dinner n movie trip but she dun wan to. She lacks iron in her blood and she didnt drink enuff water. Tts y she ended up lidat. I thot i would faint, coz i didnt haf lunch and enuff water, but i certainly drank more then her though.

The donation was very smooth for me tis time, i dun feel weak nor is there any bruising. I could jump about after tt. No difference at all. Or maybe i became healthier lately?

Her bruising went up to a big big big blue black. Shes very prone to blue blacks... Her blood circulation got prob one like my sis. And they both haf very thin skin as well.

Shes fine now. Gotten over her weak state. I am never ever bringing her to donate again. So scary.


E squeeze ball tis time. Cute eh?

Posted by Picasa Last one coz lunar new yr they give orange, wonder next one is wat. Next in October. I think it would e same as tis time one.

Eat more liver and red meat if u wan to donate hor. And drink lots of water!!!

7 comments:

wingéd densetsu said...

hmm i've always wanted to donate blood, but i think i got problem with blood...my blood very...how do u say it...not thick, cos i dun eat meat...den if i bleed also...a lot come out...

Celestine said...

Wats ur blood type? E thickness of e blood depends on ur blood type as well.

I am O+, tts y my blood is thick n deep red. A is more watery n more pinkish.

But if u r O and its not thick, then i guess u may lack iron. They will run blood test, if u r not suitable they'll let u noe.

More imptly is whether ur vein is big enuff or not. Most of my frenz cant donate due to thin veins, needles cant poke thru. So mus exercise. Lol.

But if u intend to try it out, make sure u drink 1 litre of water.

Eh? But i thot u under 51 KG? Under 51KG cannot donate though. Too thin.

wingéd densetsu said...

huh??? now 51kgs?? not 45 ar!!...

wingéd densetsu said...

forgot to say...

im o+. actually not only iron..i think just plain lack of blood & poor blood circulation...lol...but i dunno...me too thin meh? I think I'm only average...i think veinwise should be no problem cos my dr got draw out sample from my arm before...although it was like only those small bottle (the preserved fruit kind...the white white...sour sour) I already went like 'oh my god...'

hmm just wondered...cos i didnt bruise that time...is it, syringe is dif from pump (blood donation use pump?) that dont bruise?

Celestine said...

Lol, ya, its 51KG, like i mentioned most skinny girls wouldnt be able to donate, since now skinny is e trend.

I think better dun take e risk in ur case.

Donation dun use pump. U dun need to pump ur blood, ur blood jus flows according to gravity due to open wound. Coz e needle is BIG, jus slightly smaller than normal vein. If ur vein is smaller than e needle then cannot donate. Unless ur syring uses e vein needle if not it would definate be smaller than donation needle.

Normal blood test dun result in bruising. Or at least i dun. I think its e blood circulation prob ard e wound, wound as in under e skin. Coz after they poke thru ur skin they will need to locate ur vein.

Celestine said...

Normal syringe needle can be used for blood test, unless they need alot of blood, then they will use big vein needle.

When i do blood test, they use e normal syringe, but coz e needle is small, they need to suck my blood, which results in me bruising. Lol. But tts coz those intern nurses being inexperienced.

Celestine said...

Read wrongly, 51KG is for Plateletpheresis donation, 45KG for whole blood.