Sunday, March 20, 2005

Changi Airport

Due to the weather n hot steamy steamboat, I wore sleeveless top n short skirt yest... But after we got in the car, only to realise tat we r not going to eat steamboat... We ended up going to River Valley Hotel's River Palace to eat ala carte chinese food...

Still chinese food though, but then ok lah, i very long never go there eat liao... But then, i wear until so "lok cok" ask me go there eat... My sis n bro-in-law wore jeans, my mum also quite "lok cok", only my grandma dressed up, damn funny...

Coz its ala carte, they ordered so much food... Aiyo, but some of the dishes not to my liking... Hmm... But i was damn full... When we billed, the manager asked my sis, coz shes a privilege card holder(regular customer), how come we eat so little... Yalah, actually compared to other tables, we really eat alot lesser, duno y...

Then my bro-in-law said coz we old liao, haha... Yalor... But to me, really alot liao, maybe coz i long time never eat buffet le bah...

But the dessert buffet was still the best, we enjoyed it. Their food standard has increased by a margin overall, though it already used to be very gd, n the restaurant is packing, very happy for them...

My big sis even use the opportunity over the table to bitch about my sis when my grandma went out to smoke... But my mum act blur kept quiet, coz shes biased to my sis since birth... Then, my mum got up to get more desserts, my big sis asked me whether was she very mean, i merely gave her a smile as a reply...

We then went to Changi Airport, tis time, my mum suffered fr motion sickness... Haha... Then me mountain tortoise never take the sky train before... So we went T2 walk one rd, then take Sky train to T1 walk walk, then go see planes... The airport shoppin area smelled so "foody", i nearly puked fr the smell...

Ahhh... It brought back so many memories... It look so different fr yrs ago... Its got a very sad feelin there, duno y, maybe coz we were at departure area... Maybe i thot about how close the family was when we were little... And the family photos we took when i was still an infant...

I also recalled having to go overseas by flight the 1st time, which was a secondary school Thailand trip tat i proposed to my history teacher. I woke up 4am in the morning, and went to the airport by cab alone, where i saw so many nice parents having to sent their beloved children there, while i was waiting for the rest of the class to arrive... Think Shuzhen came alone too...

My ex-bf then, promised to send me there, but he offed his hp the prev night n was unreachable... Well, guys, as usual. I came back to sg wif tonnes of sorry voice mail messages...

Shuzhen is damn funny then, while on her 1st flight since born, she was extremely excited but she said, "Ive got a feelin e plane will crash..." Haha, but of coz, it landed on Bangkok safely. Then i smurt at her comment, then she added, "Come back sure crash then..." Haha, so funny... She arh...

Meanwhile there, there was only one gal, Seow Wei, whos got a hp in the whole grp... Its a purple classic Erricson flip phone whom most adults owned then. She called her family while she was in BangKok... Some gals borrowed her phone to call back home and promised her they'll pay her back when they returned to sg... But i dun think they did, i assumed... I didnt borrow her phone anyway... Ive got no one to call anyway since i had broken off wif my bf... N i can use the public phone anyway if i wan to...

While most of them said they missed SG so much and cant wait to return, me on the contrary, felt otherwise... Coz i haf nothin to miss... My family didnt say anythin before i left, it was as though, i am away every now n then till they r used to it...

I asked Shuzhen on the way back, so will ur family come pick u up? She said, most prob no bah, coz they didnt say anything... Then i told her, ok lor, then we can share a cab back, i was staying at toa payoh n she, yishun...

Then when arrived back in sg... I saw so many worried parents at the waiting area... It looks jus like shows on TV. And then when their beloved child turn up, they all shouted n cried and hugged each other... Think it mus haf been their 1st trips as well like me... Fathers n brothers will carry their luggages while mothers will hold on to their child while walkin n tokin lovingly...

Urrgghh... I didnt haf to look ard, coz i knoe im alone, as always... My ex bf said will come pick me up, well, i knew he wun come, coz he didnt even bother to ask me my flight no. Anyway, i thot to myself, nvm, i still haf Shuzhen besde me...
But guess wat...

Her family came. Not so sure of her Dad though, coz i didnt really wan to look at the happy scenario. But i remembered her sis n mum came. I knew she was happy. And i knoe then, no matter how biased or strong headed her mum is, she still love her, maybe not as much as to her sis, but she did... N i knew then, tat she still has a family... =)

I was kinda of disappointed. Coz jus when i thot i haf one fren wif me, n i lost it the next moment... Not blamin her, it was jus the moment of loneliness. I went away, then she rushed over to tell me, "Sorry." I told her, "Nvm, they come pick u up gd mah.". Then i went to e taxi Q n left.

I wished i could disappear immediately... I didnt even knoe wat happened to the rest after reunion... I didnt even let my teacher knoe or anythin, i jus wanted to get out of tat damn "Happy" place...

I went back alone, and when i reached my place, nobody said anything as well... No one even asked me how was the trip... Sigh... I guess it was so tough handling loneliness at a young age... I was extremely depressed... Nothin can be more depressed than a dysfunctional family, even till today im still affected...

If my big sis manages to order the tickets to Hong Kong, we may be going coming april... Bro-in-law, Big Sis, Mum n Granny. They asked me to go, but i told them i no money... Then they said pay for my ticket n hotel, then nag nag nag, then i said ok lor... But my 2nd sis dun wan to go as usual...

But im reluntant to go, coz every time we go out as a family, we'll sure quarrel... My big sis especially, she like to pick up quarrels, i hate tat... Sigh...

Now tat my Big sis has become older in her 30s, she started to haf thots about family togetherness, stuffs lidat... She even grumbled duno y we 3 sisters not close one... But one thing she had forgotten is, it doesnt take one day to built up a close bond...

We were never close in e 1st place, n i never knew shes my step sis till i was in primary sch... It was all along a "Live Your Own Life" motto in our so called family. N she went over to cohabit wif her bf then, ever since i was in P4. How does she expect us to be close? Maybe she has come to realise how impt family ties are now, but unfortunately, u cant repair the cracks wif glue... It doesnt work tis way...

No comments: