Thursday, March 03, 2005

Pasta Day!!!

Finally, sorry for the delay. Yeah, well as u can see, i did managed to cook it. But i was so drained cooking it, so i didnt blog yest. Here goes the long awaited (tokin about myself, coz i cant wait to share it)...

I slept at 9am yest, sigh... It was terrible.

I wanted to go sleepless for one night so tt i can turn back my Bio clock. But then, at 8+am, i was very tired, and further more, theres was nothin to do to keep me awake. So i went to my bed to rest awhile and had fallen asleep.

I woke up at 2pm!!! Then after wasting some time, I headed to Northpt's Cold Storage. I reached there about 3.30pm. i spent gd 15 mins searching for my items. I had my shoppin list wif me, i did it be4 i fall asleep, in case i missed out certain things.

I took the chance to browse ard as well, and i got gifts(food) for my family, too. Im so nice... Heh. Anyway, i got my sis, her tub of honey($4+), and i bought my mum packaged Dim Sum($3+). I bought myself something, too. Almond Tofu Dessert($0.75).

I got all my items wifout fail, and went to the cashier counter. As she entered a smashin price of $43.90, i suffered heart attack in my bank acc. Gosh, im going to be broke. Ok, for those who r going to tell me, "Only $40 bucks wat!!!". Mind u, im poor n broke, but i still wan to whip up a nice dinner for them. So tat my mum can rest for one dinner... Aww... So sweet... Hahaha.

Anyway, i took out my $10 voucher, and handed to her. She gave me a blank look and left. Oh, and btw, the whole freakin Cold Storage got about 9 counters but only 2 is available, one is express for less than 6 items in cash, one is normal. Lookin at my damn heavy basket, i went for the normal of coz.

She tok to her colleagues for 2 mins, and had no ans. Then they ask her to call up management, she tok on the phone for 5 mins. Then meanwhile, i can feel all the stares fr the ppl tat built up the long Q behind me. I literally felt tat i was being cursed by many as the Q got longer. I didnt dare to look at them.

Then, i saw the supervisor or manager comin into the supermarket. He was carryin 1 packet of watermelon juice and a pack of food. He's quite far away but i can still see him clearly. He sort of slow motioned awhile, lookin at the long Q. Naively, i thot hes going to come over and ask wat happened. But, on the contrary, he suddenly picked up his motion, and hurrid in the supermarket, sneekily. Oh man, i was so god damn naive to even think tat ppl r actually responsible at work!!!

Then, the cashier put down her phone, but fr her face, i knew there was no ans. She then ran inside the supermarket. I assumed she went to find tat "Manager". Hello??? Mine is a voucher endorsed by ur company, not somethin drawn by me wif color pencil. I always loved Cold Storage compared to NTUC for their varieties of food. But tis clearly displayed inefficiency under my nose.

Finally, after whole 10 mins of me being cursed, she came back and told me Sorry. Aiyo, i forgave her immediately, haha. Im so softhearted, cant stand myself. If it was my sis, she sure would scold her like hell.

I wan to get a hair band wif crystals, so i went to take alook at the nearby hair accessories shop. Theirs are damn ungly, so i left and hurried home. Jus when i reached my bus stop, it started to rain, heavily somemore, so i got wet.

I reached home at 430pm, and realised i didnt haf enough time. I blamed myself for not wakin earlier...But im hungry, so i ate my tofu dessert, its damn nice, i like. Then i started preparing the ingredients and raced against the clock. I had lots of items to chop.

Ok, tis was the 1st time i tried doing meatballs. Coz i jus suddenly thot of tryin tat mornin. So i invented my own recipe, and tried it. Haha, i hand chopped everything. I am so proud of myself for doing such a great job. But i hate the big onions. 3 BIG ONES!!! I weeped like hell. Ok, next time, if u wan to eat my pasta, be prepared to cut my onions.

I haf a 1 day old wound on my index finger, the garlic and onions only enhanced my pain. OUCH!!! I only started the sauce at 5.30pm. And i had to cook it for an hr. So sorry, late dinner today. But i haf to make sure my sauce is perfect, cannot short cut.

I told my mum i trying meatball for 1st time, but if not nice, i will finish them myself, u 2 can eat the sauce. Coz my sauce is meaty enough. But then while i was stirrin the sauce, i stared at my 14 meatballs and i prayed they turned out well. Haha. I only made small ones, coz i didnt buy alot of meat. It was only for my curious trial test.

Anyway, i test tasted my meatball and sauce, its god damn delicious. It turned out exactly how i imagined it to be, surprisingly. I mixed Chinese, Italian, French style tis time. My meatballs r asian-stlyed, mushrooms n onions french, and the rest Italian. I am so proud. Wahahahah....

Ok now for e pics... Funny thing was i was so excited till i had forgotten to take pics, so i wasnt prepared. I only hurriedly snapped a few photos. Though my pics didnt do justice to my pasta, but i would love to share wif u nonetheless...


My bowl. Lesser sauce to show u the overall look. Forgot to add the cheese be4 i snap the pic.


My sis's bowl. Lightin changed coz different location. Look at the cheese! Yum!



Different look fr me, look like Spicy Ice Cream Dessert. Hmm... sounds eeky.


Ok, i noe it looks terrible after mixing, very de-appetizing. But it tastes great.


My meatball splitted to give "insight", got garlic, onions, mushroom, beef. I chopped myself one, no blender, look how fine they r. Sorry for non garlic n onion ppl, i love it.


Say "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"!


One spoonful of goodness.


My mum said i can open shop. Haha. They both loved it, and said it's better than the last time, even though tat time was deliciously enough. Last time i cooked is last yr, for a chalet party for 20ppl. Imagine how much i haf to cook, alone!

Ah, i told my sis about the voucher issue, she said if its her, she would haf scolded them upside down. Haha, told u!

Gd news, i didnt injure myself tis time. 1st time ah! So happy. Wa, lookin at the pics make me hungry, i going to eat dinner liao... Yeah...

Current Balance : 4,593,751 NP
Amt left to reach 5 Million: 406,249 NP