Friday, October 07, 2005

Ive Made Up With Him

I had fallen out wif this chap some time like close to one yr ago...

As much as i had enjoyed his companionship, i hate him as well... It was a very weird symmetry...

He is one of the most observant, and intelligent person i know... Many of the things ive said, he caught them almost immediately and was able to spun them into a series of challenging, exciting and intriguing conversations which can take hrs... We used to haf numerous intelligent banter which i couldnt find anywhere else...

Sometimes, when we were chatting in the restaurants, i can see myself smiling and thinking to myself that i am lucky to find a person on this mental level... It was spiritually satisfying...

However, the downside was, he is just a pain in the ass... He is the greatest MCP ive known... He is extremely self centered... And he basically has his nose high up on his head... He always say hes the superior breed in human, etc etc... And some of his moral values are just too narrowed vision and screwed...

To sum up, he is just a Intelligent Jerk...

I thot, hey, no one's perfect... As a fren, u've got to accept both e bad n e good...

And thus, the frenship developed...

But more often, we would haf this great outing but it always ended up in heated arguements...

Ok, cut things short... There came a pt when it was my last straw... It became mental torture... And so we've fallen out...

But fate is funny... After almost a yr later... I bought a new phone, and my phone had a bug... It will automatically dial out to random numbers on my phone book while im having a conversation...

So, for a period of time, i have ppl whom we haf lost touched, calling me back and said, "You called me arh?"

And yes, one fine day, my phone chose his magic numbers... I was thinkin "Oh shit!"... But i chose to ingore him... I thot he wouldnt bother calling back coz he was too superior and ppl shd call him instead... Besides, he stays by himself, and thus, he would always ask u to call him back coz of the free incoming... Which i believe u all noe how much i hate calculative ppl...

And surprisingly, he actually messaged me... But i was in the theatre and thus i explained it was my phone's bug... He proceeded to tell me to enjoy my show and will call me for a chat during weekend...

I was thinking, "alamak, die lah, i dun wan leh..."

Anyways, he called and we had a conversation for hrs...

A phone call changed everything...

He has changed completely 180 degrees...

I told him i am so impressed by him, by his changes... Which he then apologised for his past egoistic self, etc... Almost all his bad pts which affected me and the ppl ard him, magically just disappeared...

Oh, btw, he didnt tell me about his changes... Unlike some ppl who go ard telling, "I am not the same anymore" etc... I noticed his change through the conversation... And thus, prompted me to go into tt topic... Coz i was amazed... I thot i was chatting wif a total different person...

I have never seen or known anyone who can change themselve within less than 1 yr... He realised his mistakes and just changed himself like that... Now, who the hell do this nowadays? Ppl will tell u i am like tt wat, take it or leave it...

Especially, for a guy who is not young anymore, who had his brains filled wif his horrible ego... He completely turned it ard...

And the thing about human is tt, sometimes, like me, u need to go thru a hell of a time before u change... If u dun, and life is like smooth sailing, chances are u will be who u r for a long time... But thing is nothing happened... He jus said, time changes a person...

So in a way, i am glad tt my phone had a bug, and somehow, connected this person... Although i can tell u we seldom meet up and we are not in the close fren category... But im still glad...

It again proved my initial pt tt even the worst person can change himself, its jus a matter whether the person wans to do it or not... Its nice to see some little so called miracles (considering how rare it is a scene in sg) every now n then...

I know ppl live for themselves nowadays...

But from these little so called "miracles", they are just a bunch of excuses...

(I noe from the story u cannot judge his changes, coz i never tok about the details as well... The story can go on n on... But it will only bore ppl... Haha... But i can assure u tt it is a truly remarkable effort on his part and i wan to give him tt credit... Haha, coz u simply duno how much i suffered wif him... LOL... His changes may not buy back frenships, or win back favors from his current social circle... But wat i can gurantee is tt, with his kind of mindset, hes going to go far, and it will serve him very well... We both jobless leh... Haha, he also jus left his job like 2 weeks before me...)

No comments: