Thursday, January 19, 2006

Blood Donation

I am going for a blood donation this coming sat at Outram (so far), very early in the morning...

I am both excited and scared... Lol... Its moi 1st time, i always wanted to do it in poly but nobody wan to accompany me... They said i crazy every time i saw the mobile donation drive... I wan to do it coz i am O+, but at the same time i also scared... Hahahah...

Then again, i am more worried i am rejected... Coz i am having menses now, and this mth happen to be strangely heavy for me... Due to this, i am afraid tt my HB level will not be high enough... I read their requirements, and it stated the last point out of the tonnes of pts, "FEMALES SHD NOT DONATE WHEN THEY ARE HAVING HEAVY MENSTRATION OR MENSTRUAL CRAMPS"...

Then again, i'll just go, and get it tested, if fail then too bad lor... Then i'll jus wait for SHuzhen for about 30 mins... The whole thing take about average of 45 mins... The donation will be 20 mins, of coz depending on the blood flow rate tt they set on u...

Shuzhen jioed me... But she confirm can one lah, unless her weight falls under 45 kg... She is a damn healthy gal... She doesnt get sick...

The weight reminded me, its means so many girls cannot donate liao lor... Especially those uber skinny ones (which is e trend now), then again, those who are so conscious of their weight, i doubt they donate blood too... My weight of coz is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher... Hahahah, so no need to worry lah...

I made the mistake and went to sg blood donation forums to read... I read so many scary incidents tt rather put me off... So scary!!!

Nvm nvm, mus make sure i go do it... See it for myself...

I do haf my insecurities... But i noe i cannot be selfish too... If everyone dun donate due to one reason or another, then its so unfair to the patients... Shuzhen told me to not force myself... But i felt it mus be forced in a way... I mus go at least for the 1st time no matter wat...

Besides, my insecurities are jus lame and weak on my part... There isnt more valid a reason to donate than not to...

Hopefully theres nothing wrong wif my blood (as in no disease or anything, choy!), otherwise i am really glad to be of help...

No comments: