Saturday, January 14, 2006

Overnight Board Games & 2 Movie Reviews

Tis is crazy, look at the time now, its 635AM!!!! I actually angry until cannot sleep... Lol... But i feel better already, jus gotta let some things off my chest before my mind lets me go to bed... I hope... Gotten out some sad vibes, not gotta get those anger vibes off...

I am also freezing, so i off the aircon prematurely... Brrrrr...

But 1st things 1st, some random stuffs...

The night when she came over to stay overnight was enjoyable... We rarely get to spend whole weekend together, and undisturbed the next morning... Coz usually somehow my sis will come back last min the next morning... But i knew tis time my sis couldnt fly back fr Thailand last min... So we know it will be undisturbed...

Can u imagine, we actually played board games till near 7 am!!!!! I think we played a gd 6 hrs in all, all kinds of games... I love UNO, dun ask me y i also duno... I jus love it... So we played a gd deal of couple of hrs on tt, coz i seldom get the chance to play mah...

The most no. of times we played for a game was Snake & Ladders... I still find it so funny about e whole thing, but its our secret... Lol... Of coz, my mum had to warn us not to be too loud, and thus i had to control my laughter till i felt i suffered from internal injuries... Lol...

The date before tt, e chap actually made me wait 1 hr plus for him... We were meeting at 7 at PS and tt chap actually called me at 655 and said, "Aiya, u outside already arh?"!!!! Anyways, i dun wanna tok about it... But dun get me wrong, the whole meeting minus the waiting turned out beautifully even though everything went wrong lol... It was extremely enjoyable but i am not going to tok about it, coz i myself noe y... Lol, toking crap...

Okok, now for the reviews...

ELIZABETHTOWN

I haf no idea y e 2 words are joined...

Anyways, if u r thinkin its going to be some romantic chick flick, which u can bring the girls out for a lovey dopey session, then u r wrong liao! It is a movie about life and death actually... I played cheat on tis to be honest, coz i read the sypnosis before i went for the show, and thus i knew its not really a romance movie... Then again, if u duno anything and watch it, most prob u will think IT IS A ROMANTIC MOVIE AFTER ALL...

It is a movie about appreciation to ppl, nature, places, ur environment, ur happenings, to wats ard u, and ultimately carry on living, for the lead was intending to suicide by right, even though he met his true love and had sex wif her... Yea, he was still intending to die after tt... Then his so called true love saved his soul at the end of the day...

Downside of the show, actually quite abit... 1st of all, the messages werent very clear, and the plot jus lack all the substances tt makes a powerful, emotional inspirational storyline which e show was desparately trying to achieve... If u feel inspired or gotten into a self-reflecting mode throughout the movie, then seriously i wonder wat kind of movies haf u been watching...

It was a monotone movie, very very straight, very slow pacing, no ups no downs, no climax, no nothing... Jus viewing a story as it is... Which is y in my opinion, too long... Too long and yet didnt even achieve wat it was trying to do...

But good pt is, its a movie nothing u haf seen... Ok maybe not so kua zhang but a very different romance film... Tts if u view it as a romance film, then it has a very different approach... And i seriously fall in love wif the idea in the end... The product was so innovative and creative and touching, which of coz, in real life, no such things again... Not saying wat product... Go watch...

And also, not to forget ur idols!!! Orlando and Kirsten!!! Perhaps boys & girls will scream? Didnt work for me though...

One thing to note about e show is tt... They were also touching on true love... Which does not work for me, coz i am chinese not ang mo! For them, even for 2 strangers, who are already engaged (separately to different partners of coz), for them to bump into each other in a lift, it is ok for them to haf love @ 1st sight and then elope wif each other, so to speak, becoz tts ur true love...

To me, i am obiang person, tt cannot be accepted...

Imagine at my wedding dinner, i suddenly see one guest very handsome, and fell for him at 1st sight, coz somehow my intuition tells me HE IS THE ONE!!! And then i tell my fiance tat im sorry, i jus found TRUE LOVE, and then grab tt guy and leave...

How can lidat??? But true love mah... Mus take risks!!!

So i concluded different culture, cannot accept... Lol...

Overall, i rate 3 STARS / 5 STARS

Memoirs Of A Geisha

I give rating for tis one 1st, intially after movie, i rate 3 1/2 STARS / 5 STARS...

Now i give ONE BLOODY STAR!!!!

Y? Coz tt stupid movie caused me to engaged in a silly, ridiculous, arguement, which made me angry till now!!!!

Yes, i am biased!!! Cannot isit?

Lol. Then follow e original rating...

1st of all i mus say, i dun like Zhang ZiYi, dun really like Michelle Yeo, so i can be biased... But i like Gong Li, though shes protrayed to be an evil person in the show... But like wat Shuzhen said, circumstances made her tt way... SO very kelian...

The show can be watched though, even though overall i dun really find it nice... It seemed almost too fake, too unreal, or protrayed to be, if the book is exactly is it is, i would haf thot the author cooked up her story... It was very one sided, and self centered... Which i dun believe, coz theres always both side of the coins...

But generally, ppl are not as picky as me, so it shd be quite gd... Especially for those who likes to see lots of girls n skin!!! Lol...

I had alot of prob wif e show... The acting was terrible for Michelle and Ziyi, and some other extras... Very fake... It would haf worked if the casts were Japanese... Coz the original young casts of the characters did an excellent job!!! Which was of coz, until they grew up and were replaced by the "real" casts...

Btw, alot of mistakes in my typing i noticed, but i cant be bothered liao, coz its 730am already and i haven sleep!!!

Another big prob was the language... It was 2 hrs plus of badly pronounced english, and its painful to my ears, which i suspected was the cause of e headaches i got right from the middle of the show... They were toking in slow motion dialogues, think so tt the ang mos can understand... Its so crazy weird... Not jap toking english, but more like mainland artiste toking english...

Of coz, it haf to be in EL anyways, jus tt i would prefer Jap taking up the job... But they would never do it anyways, for it was too controversial, and not rightful to the facts about their Geisha culture... The movie pissed Japs off, the book did beforehand anyways...

Regarding the language, my fren (whos not seen e show) started a whole conversation saying i had AN INABILITY TO ADAPT TO ORIENTAL ENGLISH...

It was not about my inabilities, it was about tolerance level... I believe most would not haf tolerated it anyways, Jul got totally turned off immediately after i told her its in el... LOl, and she said she is not going to watch it... Even though the book is good... I told my fren tt he would haf understood if he had gone to watch it...

Then he continued to say things like, he knows how its going to be, no need to watch to noe, etc... And even asked me remember, "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon ", wat same thing wif the oriental english, etc...

For goodness sake, Crouching Tiger... is A CHINESE FILM!!! IT WAS IN MANDARIN!!! He didnt even get his facts straight...

But of coz, i cant be bothered and gave him e benefit of using tt example... But i said, he is jus assuming... His stand are jus mere assumptions, coz he haf no idea wat im toking about...

He then started saying its not assumptions, its his opinions... I then said, his opinions are baseless, coz they are jus assumptions....

He then argued tt opinions doesnt need to haf base, if its so its reasoning!!!

I then told him hes ways off the topic... But he harps on it anyways... Typical male ego!

He then carried on n on lines after lines argueing on the stupid, Assumptions, Opinions & Logical Reasoning!!!

I told him it was no pt carrying on, coz when u already believe in urself something so strongly, and relunctant to listen to others, it only makes the discussion tiring and ptless...

TO me, its becums a arguement, not a discussion anymore...

I mean my pt is, for example, if someone tried a new burger, and said that the burger is not nice... That is an opinion, becoz he had tried it, so its not baseless or clueless... And if u asked him, he might say he had tasted better or wateverso general reason...

But if a person who haven even try e burger, said, "aiyah, no need to try i also noe its not nice, coz ive eaten so many burgers be4, i know!"... Now tts assumption!!!! Coz he bloodly hell haven even tried it!!!!

Then there is another person who is a burger guru chef, who eat liao can tell u how cum its not nice, becoz e ingredients wrong lah, tis n tt... Tt is reasoning, coz he knows his shit, and can relaTe to u exactly wat is going on...

I mean, how the fuck is tt so difficult to understand????

And then he suddenly sense i am angry and wanted to end the conversation... But jus before tt he said, i am the one receptive to other ideas, opinions, etc...

Which of coz pissed me off even more...

But the funny thing is, i actually told the exact same thing about the show to Jul also, and she totally jus had normal reactions... And she understood wat i said about the show, the language, e irony of e stupid language, even though i didnt really describe in details...

Tis is e diff between individuals...

Bah!!!

I noe tis is an offensive entry, if u find tt i am stereotyping, then theres nothing i can say... I need to get tis off my chest, so i can sleep... Of coz, i dun remember the exact words but basically its like tt... May be wrong or i see wrongly or watever... Doesnt matter anymore...

See, i feel so much better, and less angry already...

Uuuurrrr.......


Its 810 am liao, i go sleep le... I am starting to get rashes, think mus be my retribution for badmouthing ppl, lol... I cannot get angry one meh? Dun like tt lah!!! I dun usually do tis, but i really angry mah...

Wo Zhi Dao Cuo Le, STOP THE ITCH!!!

Gesh...

Duno wats wrong wif me, lack of sleep, crazy liao, so bitchy n childish!!!

2 comments:

wingéd densetsu said...

hmm I understand how you feel, cos I've met these kind of people before. It's true that the whole thing becomes a one-sided argument rather than discussion. Sometimes I just say "yeah, you're right" just to shut the person up when I feel like I cannot take the nonsense anymore and will pounce and punch the daylights of the person. LOL

Celestine said...

Yea, tts exactlt how i feel!