Monday, January 02, 2006

I.B.O.U.G.H.T.I.T.F.I.N.A.L.L.Y

Recent week, I am either working, or watching various anime, or reading online manga, or go out till late late... So i seriously dun really haf the time... Lol... Oh, i also spent time falling sick... Yes, i am sick again... Damn it...

Anyways, I BOUGHT MY LOTR BOOK LIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think its e same as Jul's one...

Finally man... After 1 yr of pondering...

I went Kino on New Yrs Eve, and then was rather surprised to see lesser versions of the books...

The $200 black hard cover still there, the $150 red hard cover still there, the older $120 white hard covers still there, the $31.50 still there also... Basically all those tt i spotted n considering are still there... But surprisingly, there is no more HOBBIT... Bek cek...

I stood there for a long time, with Shuzhen... She told me to take my time... I wasnt thinking about getting it then, i was thinking i shd wait for few more mths... i jus wanted to go and haf a look... Besides, i didnt wan to carry such a big book ard...

After a long while, Ive decided to go wif my budget and buy the cheapest one, which is the one volume $31, paperback, illustrated by John Howe... I haven decided on it, so i took it ard, coz theres only one miserable book left which was in gd condition...

John Howe isnt tt bad, but like i said, I prefered Alan Lee's... I prefer his style... There is tis softness to it... I jus love his paintings... John Howe's one is like very harsh... But hes great in painting the evil forces...

But holy shit, there arent any more versions left with Alan Lee's painting...

I did not go wif the Collins set at popular coz i seriously couldnt see the contents... I do not noe wat edition is tt, and i seriously haf no idea whether the content's been edited... I mean i got to face it, the whole packaging though came in a box set, looks rather childish and seemed to cater for kids...

Due to my understanding, i am able to view whether the content's the real tolkien actual version or its edited versions but u need to let me see the inside mah, then i can confirm its wat im looking for...

The loss i had was the HOBBIT book, but i am sure i will find it, when i intend to get it... Tts after i finished tis heavy content book...

Till then, we shall see... I am still happy though...

I bought the $31.50 book, and i also bought a jacket $18.90 at taka... Sigh, spent so much money... Lucky the book very light... Actually Shuzhen was carrying for me... She put in her haversack coz i cant squeeze it into my handbag... Even the jacket tt i forcefully squeezed into it, looked like its OOZING out... Yea, i like the word "OOZING"!

So HAPPY... Ok, back to work...

No comments: