Wednesday, January 18, 2006

This Is What I Meant

I was sorting out my loads of messy pictures in com... And i happen to spot 2 photos in one of my others others misc or watsoever folder...

I reacted quite greatly coz i dun remember having them or how they got into my com, then again i seem to haf tonnes of photos like "these"... But the moment i saw it, and while i was organising them, tt 2 photos happen to land up side by side... And i actually let out a snobbish chucker...

Very bitchy of me... Lol...

Anyways, those who noe me or those who read my entries from beginning... I haf been very grouchy about the current photography mentality most of the times ya? About how i am disgusted with ppl of e current trend jus becoz digital cameras becum such a common thing and so those ppl claim tt they r DAMN GOOD PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS?

This is wat i called "A PICTURE SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS", though i think i will still speak more words than the picture... Lol...

This is e photo i saw initially, and i dissed it off immediately, thinkin wat a lousily taken photo which serves no other meaning unless tis is the taker's (i call them takers, ppl who take photo, not shoot) BLK... I almost deleted it...

This is the kind of result u get when u TAKE a photo...



I find it extremely familiar though, i seemed to haf seen it somewhere...

Then i remembered... I knew actually who was the taker, and where ive seen it...

And afterwards, i saw tis...























Holy crap!!!

2 photos of the same thing... Oops, am i supposed to be impressed? ( I am so nasty!)

And tis photo was in tt taker's portfolio under the PHOTOGRAHY SECTION...

This is wat i mean by DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY and how digital photos are not by times a million similar to PHOTOGRAPHY! And tt "takers" should never hao lian, show off and booast how gd how gd their skills are, how gd how gd their photos are! How skillful does one need to view tt bloody PREVIEW MONITOR SCREEN on ur cam?

Any tom, dick or harry, can open the before photo in PHOTOSHOP, and then adjust overall levels, contrast and saturation... TADA!!! U get exactly e same thing as the after!!! To prove my pt, i actually tried it, and i didnt even need to get to e saturation to get exactly e same thing...

it is no big deal editing digital photos anyways, since digital photos are meant to be edited... I read in a book about photography tt stated, "ALL DIGITALLY TAKEN PHOTOGRAPHS WILL ALWAYS NEED SOME FORM OF EDITING DUE TO THE LIMITATIONS OF PIXEL ART, IN OTHER WORDS, DIGITAL PHOTOS ARE NEVER PERFECT AND CAN NEVER REPLACE TRADDITIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY."

I myself do enhance my photos, especially photos of ppl, coz i only haf one lousy digital camera now... I will remove flaws, color correct etc... However, i do not show off those pics and tell ppl, "Hey look, tis is my work, my photography skills are excellent, dun u think my photos look gorgeous?"... I above all, do not put photos like tt into my portfolio and bloody hell so proud about it...

Tis is like cheating!!! Unless u r trying to showcase ur photoshop editing skills, which are crap anyways since like i said, anyone can do it...

U can enhance ur photos with the best design software ard, but u can never insert the essence into ur photo... Reals gd photos will evoke emotions, not impressions like, "Wah, the colors so vibrant! So cool! So Nice!"

On e gd side of some, i've seen excellent digital photos, wif true essence and enhanced effects... Overall, those pictures are overwhelming, and of coz, their editing skills are not jus about levels, contrast n saturation... Those are wat I called true photography... Though i still prefer enhanced tradditional photography...

U may noe who the "taker" is, but i feel there is no need for any names here...

However, do not get me wrong... I haf nothing against ppl who edit their photos, coz like i said, i do it too, though its inevitable... I also know tradditional photography involves editing as well, though seldom in the older days except for prints n publishing... Both haf merged nowadays...

But i haf something against ppl, who take mediocre photos, then use basic photoshop to enhance it, put in their portfolio, and then claim tt its not edited, or edited to minimum, and then booast about how gd their skills are... How they themselves claim to love photography and how professional looking their pictures turn out...

Some also like to go to gardens n shoot close ups of beautiful flowers using micro function... Of coz, the pictures are going to be visually stunning, coz the flowers are already beautiful with or without saturation increase... And then funny thing about ppl is, outsiders see liao will say, "Wah, so pretty, u take great pictures!"...

It wasnt like tis in the past... But of coz, like i always say, technology advancement taints certain aspects of culture, practise, morals, spirits, etc... And certain true elements of beings would be sacrificed along e way until it becums history to those who haf never seen them...

Digital cams were invented for convenience... Not a shortcut to becum egoistic show offies!!!

Lol, i think alot of young ppl r going to be mad at me...

Now, off to look at some REAL PHOTOS!~!!

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

That photo... is not good. -_-

Celestine said...

Yah, so u can imagine the remaining photos in the portfolio... And photography was 85% of it, coz the taker felt he's a very talented photographer.