Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Wake Up" Call

It is damn frustrating, whereby during new yr hols, early in e morning, somebody called and woke u up... And then engaged in tis irritating conversation and e somebody ended up screaming to get his "wrong" pt across wif a demeaning, condescending tone of speech...

Damn, after he shouted, i shouted back, "HE..." And then i thot wtf, waste my time to even try to get my obvious right reasons across since he never ever listen to me anyways, coz he always think he is the greatest, he is always right and tt he is more superior than anyone in sg... I didnt finish my sentence after my 1st word, n mumbled out e "waste my time", and i jus hung up my phone... At times like tis, i would prefer my hp to be clam shell, so tt i can hear e slamming of the phone... Lol...

Then i couldnt get back to sleep... Coz i was so pissed... Leaving the "not appreciating my effort to help" aside, i certainly do not like ppl to spoil my mood early in e day, and somemore its lunar new yr...

He didnt call back until jus now, but i didnt pick up... Not worth my time bickering, besides, its lunar new yr, i dun like to quarrel... In fact, i never do, any part of any day... I hate ppl who shout, who scream... I do get angry, but i usually dun throw temper or shout unless e person is so unreasonable beyond reckoning, when e person begins screaming, watever u say in normal tone will be like mute to e person, so at times like these i would scream back... But rarely, coz to be fair, ultimate unreasonable scums are not so frequently met...

Further more, guys will never remember e quarrels anyway, they would jus move on wif it like nothing happened... Whereby i would get so upset over it...

I also hate e fact tt, ppl shout at me to vent their anger... Dun try to be nice and tell me things like, he/she is just stressed, dun blame him/her! If this theory stands valid, imagine wat e world will becum... Stress means i can shout at ppl arh? Havin probs give me rights to scold ppl arh? Bullshit mah! Wat e hell is wrong wif ppl who say tis is OK!

I mean sometimes when i am really down, i do get harsh in my tone, but then when i do, i will apologise to e person sincerely... But for those who purposely vent their anger on u, u think how many will apologise?

I smsed sz some time after, and she said, next time dun pick up his call liao...

Sigh, all i noe is, i am never gonna help him again...

I never learn my lesson, i had it at me so many times in the past, and yet every time i still choose to help... Sigh... I guess tts me... I jus cant turn cold hearted and jus ignore ppl like tt...

Maybe tts y many say i deserves e frustration, coz i shd haf known better... Maybe tts y they always say i am stupid!

Sometimes i really thot tt, if i continue to put in the effort, irregardless of how e person treats me, maybe somehow, eventually e person will understand n appreciate my efforts... I even naively thot tt if u can show goodness (from e bottom of ur heart) to a bad person, overtime, e person would be touched and change for the better...

But then, of coz, i learned the hard way tt it doesnt work... Ppl jus dun change... Even e closest person to u can misunderstand after so many yrs, even e closest person dun see wat u haf done... Which is y, at the end of e road, ppl always say, "The person u love e most will be the one who can hurt u the most"...

Which explains pretty much y i always get hurt... Becoz be it family, frenz, or relationships, i would just give it all... I eventually grew up and realised my theories are too idealistic, it almost doesnt exist in tis practical world anymore...

U see once very very close poly mates, can just automatically stop the frendship once both graduated... I used to think tt it was real, but of coz, ppl nowadays treat each other according to circumstances...

Such ppl would always ask me, "Wat more do u wan?"... Frenz are lidat wat, bfs are lidat wat, family is jus a term wat...

I haf 2 frenz, the guy knoe e girl for some time, but they only meet up wif each other like once in every few mths, and its grp outings somemore...

Apparently, they dun even noe each other... The guy doesnt even remember most of the things about e gal, and every time when they meet up, he would ask her over n over again, wat she was studying, wat she wan to do after grad etc...

And then one fine day, the guy asked if e girl wans to be his gf all of a sudden... Which of coz shocked e hell out of e girl, who thot they werent even normal frenz to start wif... They were like jus ppl who meet every few mths, for a ktv or something...

So e girl said something along e line like, "We need to noe each other better 1st"

To which e guy actually replied, "To me, tis is as far as u can go for frenz, anything beyond will be e next level (relationship)."

???????!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

U do not even noe wat she was studying, wat she has been doing, u dun even noe her emotionally, personally, u dun even noe wat she likes to do, wat she likes to eat, where she goes, all he knew very well is tt, shes is alive and she looks like tt...

Basically a person who doesnt noe a single thing about another person... The kind tt u occassionally bumped into and say, "Hey, wanna go for a movie or ktv tmr, i am free?"... The trip usually ends after e dinner of e trip and then the next time u meet up will be like few mths later...

If tis is e standard tt ppl judge for friendships, if knowing nuts about a person is as far as a friendship can go... I really shudder to think how superficial ppl haf becum nowadays...

Then again, wat am i saying... Since nowadays e trend even for relationships are such tt, u can meet up and felt comfortable enuff and then get together, jus meeting once or within a few days... And since relationships are deemed by ppl more superior, wat am i even saying about frenship...

To them, it is logical to noe nuts about ur frenz, u dun haf to, coz if u put in effort to noe someone, means its e next level liao... Frenz r lidat wat... No meh? Tts y they always say theres no such things as best frenz, close frenz... Only clubbing buddies, drinking buddies, ktv buddies, movie khakis, those activities which u dun even need to tok much... Lol... And those activities takes place once every 3/4 mths...

Maybe bitch about their work, studies, lecturers, colleagues, frenz, parents, siblings...

Wow, wat a bunch of interesting, true frenships...

I knoe alot of ppl, and sometimes they would tell me they haf their best frenz... So when i asked wat their best friend's doing, they replied, "Hmm, not sure leh.", then i will say, "Ok, so when was e last time both of u met up?", "Oh, not long ago, about half a yr lor!", "!!!!!!!!!", "Aiyah, we both bz mah!"...

O ____ O