Sunday, April 09, 2006

Take Care Of Ur Blood Glucose!

I am too ahead of my blog, i haf too many things to say but i tell myself to space them out coz u noe, my entries are usually damn long... Actually its not really very long (other famous bloggers write 2, 3 times longer than i do), jus tt most frenz write short and their fonts r smaller too, i am always amazed how u guys can say all e things u wan in jus a few sentences...

Maybe tts y i used to suck at summary writings for English exams... I always found e word limits not enuff, and i would always surely exceed 10/20 words which was acceptable...

I note down some things i wanted to blog, and i already haf 12 on the way... But i noe, somewhere along e line, i would drop some coz i would already haf lost tt feeling...

These few days i haf been quite paranoid about glucose level... I kept testing myself till u can see e obvious little holes on my finger... In fact i jus tested and now e typing kind of sting... But tts also coz i had a rather more painful prick than e usual... I think tt particular needle is longer than e rest, sometimes it happens, and so its rather painful... But other times, it doesnt really hurt...

Also, becoz e pricking i had when i went for the blood donation test was like 5 times more painful, testing at home became a piece of cake for tolerance...

But i made a mistake, i am supposed to only test 2 hrs after food, but i went to do it 1 hr after... So e readings is not accurate as my body had not properly broken down e glucose... Aiyah, wasted one strip and needle...

Ive been quite paranoid coz SZ's fren's dad passed away recently... It boiled down to complications leading from diabetes... Since my mum has it, and she always say its inherited coz my real grandparents and her siblings also died from diabetes (or complications fr it)...

Yest night, i happily tested 2 hrs after supper, i ate apple pie and hot fudge, my sis had big mac meal wif hot fudge, my mum, i also duno wat she ate...

I was 97, my sis 155!!! And my mum 412!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leaving my mum aside, coz i had already told u she refused to control...

My sis was very high too... I suspected it was e big mac, but she said its e ice cream, but cannot be lor, coz i had e same ice cream too... Even so, if u r normal, u shd be able to break down all e glucose no matter how many ice creams u ate...

She later also paranoid and go test her high blood pressure... Gd thing her pressure's normal, though she always claimed tt e numbers seem high... But i noe e range and she doesnt (i think she jus assumed)... In fact, at times, she is even lower than me slightly...

Anyways, she got to watch it, i told her to test be4 she go work today but apparently she didnt...

Got 2 more strips left, tonight i'll test her again...

Got to buy more strips and needles liao... Another 100 plus bucks!!!

4 comments:

wingéd densetsu said...

Isit cheaper than seeing the doctor's? my mother also have diabetes, cos it runs in the family.

Actually...mother's side diabetes, father's side cancer....so I know what kind of death I'd probably be looking at...-v-;;; unless its an accident...

Celestine said...

Actually its different fr seeing e doc... Coz every 3 mths, u r supposed to follow up wif a regular doc... However, you haf to do your homework at home, you got to take ur reading 4 times a day, 2, 3 times a week, then record in e book so tt the doc can view ur condition...

So for diabetes patient, its a MUST to haf your own glucose level reader and to stock up ur strips n needles...

Celestine said...

The book would be given to u, when u r 1st diagnosed wif e condition...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»