Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Take The Lead

Alright, now to my long entry... I just woke an hr ago, coz i *sigh*, only managed to sleep at 7 + am... I couldnt sleep wif e probing headaches, bad stomach and painful arse... I shd haf taken panadols, but somehow it didnt occur to me last night...

Yest, i told Jul to meet at 305pm... But when i was done, it was already 245!!! I haven taken cab for some time and thot i shd do it... Coz erm, i thot Jul is the on-time kind of person... And its off peak also, so going orchard on a cab was not as scary as those times i had...

I took Silvercab, and the uncle is neat and polite... I like cab drivers wearing long white sleeve shirts, like the mercedes cab drivers, it makes them look really polish n smart... We didnt chat though coz i was tired and had to juggle my motion sickness... Like i said anything more than 8 bucks would kick my illness in... But to be polite i didnt listen to my mp3 player though in case he decided to tok...

Nearing 3, Jul smsed me and said shes gonna be late... It was raining heavily and her bus jus arrived... I said ok and told her i was on a cab... She then said then she take cab down also... Wa, tis kind of ppl where to find, usually ppl dun bother one lor... Then again, if she doesnt we would haf missed e show... Though we did missed e 1st 5 mins of e movie...

Surprisingly, my cab driver was great, he drove so fast i reached at 3pm... Lol... But i was suffering from motion sickness badly though... The movie was at 320pm and Jul arrived at 330pm...

When i was waiting for her, another big grp of young chaps were waiting for their frenz too... But in the end their fren didnt turn up and e rest went in for e show, only left 2 boys who stood outside, not knowing wat to do wif their extra ticket... So they came to me (shyly), and asked if i wan the extra ticket... Obviously i told them its ok, coz we were watching e same movie anyway... They even went to give to e one tt tears ur ticket... They didnt approach e guy next to me though... Haha... Then they looked so lost wif e ticket in their hand which brough a smile to my face...

They haf gd vibes i can tell... Its gd to be young and spirited...

Anyways, Take The Lead is a very nice movie... I believe its a movie almost anyone would enjoy unless u cannot catch their english without subtitles... Very funny movie, i had a gd laugh through out e movie, and if u dun, u got to loosen up urself, man... And it makes u groove to the beat!

There was tis moment of e movie where the final contestants were in e final round of dancing competition, and the main characters did an exceptional trio dance... When e dance ended, ppl in e movie clapped and marveled at them (coz it was a competition)... But the amazing thing was, in the theatre itself, people applauded and cheered at the same time!!! I thot it was really cool, and i was pretty touched, though by duno wat... Hahaha...

I had watched movies be4 tt had tis kind of reactions fr e crowd, largely competitions movies... Every time these kind of things happen, I felt the movies did an excellent job of bringing the films larger than life, affecting and uplifted the moods of the audience... Great job!

But if u asked me, though i had enjoyed Take The Lead and would love to catch it again any time, i would haf prefered Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights... Dirty Dancing 2 had more dancing, and their dance moves progresses slowly... Take The Lead had a pretty fast transition mixing ball room dance wif hip hop, in fact it pretty happened within one scene...

But Dirty Dancing 2 was different... It was about tis rich, classic american gal who dances classic or ball room, meeting tis poor odd job damn gorgeous (to me) guy in Cuba before the Revolution breaks out...

And ppl in Cuba are very free spirited... The guy slowly influenced his spanish moves and sensual grooves to the rigid uptight gal...

Their dance was great, and very sensual, i love it! And they were very real too... Their last dance (contest), however was disrupted by the eruption of e revolutionary violence and sad to say, the couple werent meant to be together... However, though they knew that they would never see each other again, they had sex tt night... (Which kind of spoils e whole feeling to me)... But of coz, it was meant to be romantic...

And on top of tt, the special appearance of Patrick Swayze, male lead from Dirty Dancing 1 (1987!), totally blew my mind away... He is still as sexy as ever... And his moves are still as sleek... He appeared as a dance instructor and when he appeared on e screen, the majority of audience actually *GASP* aloud... I am sure he brought back so many memories... But obviously the young ones wouldnt noe y we GASP!!! Lol...

But its jus my personal preference on tis... Coz i am sure ppl would prefer Take The Lead, coz of the r&b, hip hop modern combi, and its a newer movie obviously...

Go catch it though (i meant TaKE The Lead), u would haf a great time... I am sure!

More later...

1 comment:

Celestine said...

yea, i am glad u like Dirty Dancing 2. And yes, he is so god damn sexy... Very hot movie i agree.