Thursday, February 24, 2005

Handphones Dilemma

I slept at 6am... Duh... Was tokin to my drunken sis and playin the game Darts on her S700i, i stopped coz i realised her batt was runnin out n i dun wish to be blamed for tat. Haha...

Ok, now i haf 2 options, SE K700i($368), Moto A668($398).

I know i know, the whole world will tell me to get k700i coz its the best, alot of features, got bluetooth, infra, etc... And moto is jus lousy, no resale value, no bluetooth, no infray...

Tats y i actually included k700i in my list.

But...

Im a low end user, i only need my phone to makes calls, send sms, tats all. Even if u give me bluetooth, infray, i wun use them one. I can make do wif the given themes, wallpapers, screensavers. The A668 phone cums wif 1.3 mega pixels cam n alot of effects, but u noe wat, i dun even care. I whd rather u remove tat, give me a lousy cam n slash the price $150 lesser.

Coz i haf my own digi camera. I carry my Ixus i everywhere i go, if i wan to take a photo, definately, digi cams will always be the choice compared to the best hp cam. And also, who cares if A668 cannot play mp3s... I haf my own 5GB mp3 player, which i can play 1000 songs continuosly for days.

Only 8MB for A668, no additional slots. Y wld i need the space anyway, since i dun take pics wif the cam. Jus normal will do.

Another thing i tell everyone is I DUN TRADE IN MY PHONES... i never do tat. Coz i treat phones like my accessories/belongings. I keep all of them. Including my 1st phone panasonic GD 90 somethin. Im someone who cant bear to sell my things away, i bought them for a reason n i dun jus trade things off for a better deal. No way!

My sis on the contrary, buys phone to trade off. She totally dun cherish them, haha, which is y each of her phone only lasts 3 mths. She had changed close to 7 phones within 2 yrs liao.

Even so, wat my sis said makes sense also. She mentioned tat also i need to think about when u signed on another 2 yrs contract, if u realised tat the phone u bought is fucked up, u can always trade it off for a better one.

But then, somehow, for one reason or another, im not attracted to K700i, but im told moto A668 is damn ugly... n k700i is a beauty...

I had fallen in love alot of times for sleek designed hps, like the last new series fr Nokia, but then Nokia is damn lousy now, they completely screw up, i dun like the idea of gettin angry and callin repair centres regularly. SE's initial generations like T610 is damn laggy, though i knoe its improved tremendously, i jus cant get over the idea.

Tats y i like the samsung E800c initially coz its a beautiful phone, but somehow, the newer hps all seems to be extremely unstable. The softwares crashes often. Think only my T500 managed to survive thru n im proud of tat.

So wif major brands like Nokia, Samsung, Panasonic, Siemens, LG down in my list, now left only SE n Moto(im not even considerin O2). SE i had already mentioned the laggin phobia. I do haf bad impressions about Moto actually. Until i see them comin up wif newer n better phones(HelloMoto Series), every couple of mths, improving tremendously. So like wat choices do i haf left?

Tis is hard. I cant seem to find the perfect phone anymore, thus i had been leaving my line under no-contract for close to 2 yrs liao(my T500 is bought at retail price).

I buy phones for the basic functions, n sleek design. But it mus be stable, no laggin, no crashin(im very impatient to hps) n no breakin of flip covers. Im only afraid A668 will be flimsy which i heard it is. So no matter wat, i'll jus pop down to M1, and take a look myself. Maybe i'll find a better one? Who knoes? If not, maybe i jus hold on to T500 for another yr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sad.. y no o2? haha.. ya know, since you wany normal phone factor, why not k500i? it's similar to k700i yet cheaper with less of everything.. etc..